Is He Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyLizzy

Hello all :)

I have two new baby beardies (since the beginning of March). They are still fairly small- one 8" and the other 9"- so they are both housed together. They seem to get along well (so far) and eat AND POOP a lot. We've started breeding crickets just for them. :lol:

Anyway, one of these little guys looks very different from the other in color, pattern and scales. He feels smooth and only has, like, 2 rows of visible "spikes" while the other one is covered in them. I looked on another site and the photo under the Rankins/Lawson's looked like the only one that matched him, but I'm still not quite sure he's one of those. I know there are a lot of different types of colors, patterns and scale/spike variations and I feel like it's all confusing me reading from all these different sites. Lol. I just want to know what he would be considered, color and scale wise.

I was hoping someone on here can help.

P.S. Their names are Vincent and Julius (after Schwartzenegger and DeVito's characters in the movie Twins). Vincent is the dark one and Julius is the other.

full

Julius
full

full

Vincent
full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....very pretty dragons. :) The smooth one is a leatherback, they can come out in the same clutch so they can even be siblings. You'll not find Rankin's in pet stores sold as regular dragons, they are a small " specialty " dragon, more rare and higher priced.

Be aware that these dragons are inclined to nip/bite each other and it's always best to keep thenm separately.

izzyLizzy

Original Poster
Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I thought he was just a leatherback.
I hope one day I'll be as knowledgeable as you guys on the subject :p

I am aware of them being little bullies to each other. We will soon be building a larger enclosure for one of our ball pythons and separating these two. I try to keep them well fed and always have greens or something for them to munch on so that they don't nip at each other as much. Which I haven't really noticed them doing much anyway. But I still keep an eye out.

Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom