Is he Dehydrated??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he look dehydrated?

image_zps69587efb.jpg

image_zps0ec75ae6.jpg

He's laid down in this pic...
image_zpsa00aeaa2.jpg

He hasn't hardly eaten anything for about a week (4 crickets n 3 calci worms). I've been bathing him almost every day. Only 1 small poop about 4 days ago.

When can I expect an appetite back? He's still energetic.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
That sounds like a mild impaction. They tend to lose their appetite when that happens. I would try longer baths and slowly raise the bath water temperature. You don't want to scald your dragon, but the hotter the water, the more likely he is to poop. You can also try oral fluids, and maybe a little bit of canned pumkin, squash or olive oil to try to get things moving. With my dragon, he had a long brumation and didn't eat much for almost a year, getting things moving again on their own took a while, so I have tried basically everything in the book. I also noticed that adding repti-safe water conditioner to the bath water made him much more likely to poop in the bath. I have no idea why, but it did, so that might be worth a try as well.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom