Is diarrhea a sign of stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chumon

Beardie name(s)
Scooter
full

This is what it looks like, she ate a bunch of veggies but hasnt eaten her usual grubs and crickets. She just pooped and I've not seen it this watery before. Is it just cause she Kate only veggies? There are also flax seeds because she has a dig box.

Is this a bad thing?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Diet can cause diarrhea--- too much squash too much water in the fruit -- but also lighting -- too low of temps causes undigested food not enough UVB will cause lack of appetite all together so its a process of elimination -- also parasites -- does the poop smell so bad it makes you want to leave the room? if so that can be parasites along w/ diarrhea --- is she only eating kale? that I dont think would cause diarrhea --- how much stress is the dragon under ? is she showing signs of stress marks ?
Karrie

chumon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooter
KarrieRee":bmd02px6 said:
Diet can cause diarrhea--- too much squash too much water in the fruit -- but also lighting -- too low of temps causes undigested food not enough UVB will cause lack of appetite all together so its a process of elimination -- also parasites -- does the poop smell so bad it makes you want to leave the room? if so that can be parasites along w/ diarrhea --- is she only eating kale? that I dont think would cause diarrhea --- how much stress is the dragon under ? is she showing signs of stress marks ?
Karrie
It doesnt smell that bad, though my opinion might be swayed from other animal poop. But to me it's not bad enough to leave the room. Shes been getting mostly collard greens, dandelion greens, dill, strawberries, mango, tomato sometimes, chives/springonions, green and red bell peppers on rotation depending on what's purchased. She gets BSFL and crickets for her meat. I dont see stress marks yet, but she does glass surf sometimes which is why I got her a dig box, but she still seems to do it. Should I put up a back ground to minimize reflection? Should i handle her more? I've been pretty busy lately so i haven't had a chance to take her out like I did before.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please lay off these tomato sometimes, chives/springonions, green and red bell peppers
My guess its a combo of all this thats giving the diarrhea --- look at this website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I would also look at adding some worms to her diet super worms meal worms horn worms and silk worms -- the silk are a good staple feeder along w/ dubia roaches --- if shes in a 40 gallon tank it might be a good idea to think about upgrading to a bigger tank like a 75 or 120 gallon -- shes probably bored in the 40 --- what are you using for lighting UVB brand and bulb NO coils and what are your basking temps and how are you taking them NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie

chumon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooter
KarrieRee":3396tqe4 said:
Please lay off these tomato sometimes, chives/springonions, green and red bell peppers
My guess its a combo of all this thats giving the diarrhea --- look at this website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I would also look at adding some worms to her diet super worms meal worms horn worms and silk worms -- the silk are a good staple feeder along w/ dubia roaches --- if shes in a 40 gallon tank it might be a good idea to think about upgrading to a bigger tank like a 75 or 120 gallon -- shes probably bored in the 40 --- what are you using for lighting UVB brand and bulb NO coils and what are your basking temps and how are you taking them NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie
Okay, I will try getting some super worms and switch up her veggies. I've wanted to try silk worms for a bit now. I think it's time. I want to build a bigger tank for her definitely, especially since she will be full grown by the end of the year. I have a reptisun t8 for UVB and his backing temp is usually between 95 and 110 depending how the weather is. I'm using a probe thermometer but I need to fasten it in place better as she likes to push it around. I definitely want to try Dubias too. We had the power go out and her timers got screwed up so she might have gotten a little cold. She still seems okay and isnt super sluggish or anything, just only eating her veggies which is unusual for her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Where is the T 8? Top of screen or inside the tank? This is crucial -- temps are good --
Karrie

chumon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooter
KarrieRee":2zo73yp0 said:
Where is the T 8? Top of screen or inside the tank? This is crucial -- temps are good --
Karrie
It's on top but the screen is pulled back so that the bulb is exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom