Is dexter to colorful for a petsmart dragon? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Also what is his Morph?
So when we first got dexter we were in love with his colors. He Had just the slightest bit of orange on his side and we were really exited to see a dragon with color at Petsmart. So now a month and a half later he has grown about 4 inches and now is really orange. He started out as a normal dragon with a little orange stripe on the horns of his belly now look at him. He still has some shedding to do on his head. Did we get lucky? We love him but is this a great deal for 40 bucks?
What will he be as an adult? hes only 2-3 months old right now and 10 inches. The other dragon is Ring Around who really hasnt grown in the 3 weeks we have had him. Do they go through spurts? Anyway Ring Around is here to show you the color Difference because on his own he didnt look very orange in the pic. Ring Around is a Normal colored Dragon with a little bit of yellow but for the most part he looks the same color as a plain dragon.
So What Do ya Think?
http://s778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/ZER0138/Bearded%20Dragons/

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
I would say yea you got lucky, that's a lot of color for a petsmart dragon! I saw one there once that I swear was a leatherback. Guess it just depends on what the breeder had?

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
I'd say you're lucky if you don't have to spend too much in vet bills.

As far as lucky to find a colorful dragon, I think it might be just timing. All 3 of the dragons in my siggy all came from a local chain pet store, and there were lots more like them.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
It's extremely hard to tell what they will be when they are an adult from when they're a hatchling..you did get lucky that is one pretty petsmart dragon! My dragon's are Citrus/Sandfire Red hypo and they aren't that much more red than your average hatchling, but their parents were super beautiful big and red. I'm not really into completely yellow beardies but the citrus beardies I saw a breeder had that were about 4 inches looked like average beardies as well but their parents were bright yellow citrus.

You really can't have any idea unless you see their parents. Some babies of holdback or breeder quality when their babies have very beautiful color saturation but you won't find those at a pet store :p

bmmst1

Juvie Member
when i got firecracker from petco i thought the same thing!! this is what he ended up looking like..

SANY0004.jpg

as you can tell he was in shed. his body was bright yellow with purple and bright orange beard.

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
wow oh hes soooo cute, i have an orange female like him and she just got brighter with each shed , i spose dosnt matter what colour he is as long as hes healthy xxx enjoy them xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom