Is bearded dragon too cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon, Athena, is about 3 years old. She is healthy and eats her greens well and doesnt have a problem with feeders. The basking temp. is always around 100°F and the cool side is around 80°F. She normally has good poops but she hasnt lately. We also recently changed her substrate from carpet to dark grey textured slate which I worry gets too cold at night. I read when they get too cold, they cant digest food properly. Could the new temp. be the cause of her bad poops? Or is she just stressed about the change? Also, what can I do about it? I had her in a blanket wrapped up in her cage last night so she wasnt touching the floor.

Thanks

-Sarah

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
AthenaTheBeardie":10b6d4kp said:
My bearded dragon, Athena, is about 3 years old. She is healthy and eats her greens well and doesnt have a problem with feeders. The basking temp. is always around 100°F and the cool side is around 80°F. She normally has good poops but she hasnt lately. We also recently changed her substrate from carpet to dark grey textured slate which I worry gets too cold at night. I read when they get too cold, they cant digest food properly. Could the new temp. be the cause of her bad poops? Or is she just stressed about the change? Also, what can I do about it? I had her in a blanket wrapped up in her cage last night so she wasnt touching the floor.

Thanks

-Sarah

She might be stressed about the substrate change. Nevertheless, what's the temp of the degree, or the oustside air at night? If you're worried about the temp at night, if it drops lower han 65, use a ceramic heat emitter, it produces heat and no light.

AthenaTheBeardie

Original Poster
LewisBD":3hudq5tw said:
AthenaTheBeardie":3hudq5tw said:

Thanks

-Sarah

She might be stressed about the substrate change. Nevertheless, what's the temp of the degree, or the oustside air at night? If you're worried about the temp at night, if it drops lower han 65, use a ceramic heat emitter, it produces heat and no light.

Its always 68°F or so in my room. Its just when I feel the tile it is freezing. Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom