Is Bearded Dragon Cohabitation A Good Plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyncindy

Hatchling Member
Is this thread not still open and debatable? How many people that have answered against housing them together, have actually housed them together? It's a legitiment question. The people should know who's posting from experience, or somebody passing on information they read.

I'm enjoying the conversation, it's been nice to hear from those who have successfully housed multiple dragons together. I'm not thinking about it though, my Mango is enough of a handful for me.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
This thread is open to opinions, not arguments. You've made your point clear, troy&cindy, but arguments ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS SITE. So they will be removed every time.

troyncindy

Hatchling Member
then you clearly missed Brandons posts arguing with my experiences, every one of my posts that points out the hear say nonsense of this thread has been deleted, that's not arguing,,, the question that was asked originally is obviously debatable. you call it arguing, normal people call it debating, and Brandon is the one that attacks everybody that says they can be housed together. it's funny you don't go through the thread and take all his "arguing" ( debating ) out. Bias? think so

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
All posts were deleted, if you care to look, so keep it to opinions and everything will be fine. That's what this forum is for, but arguments WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, I don't know how often I have to say the same thing.

troyncindy

Hatchling Member
you have failed to show me where I was arguing. I posted,,, Brandon argued, I don't say anything about anybody elses post, Brandon only talks about other peoples post, open your eyes, And this shouldn't be about opinions, this is about experience and facts, most of these people read something then repeated it here as if they had experience in the situation. when clearly they don't, that's not my opinion. that's a fact. I was not rude in any way in any of those posts, you clearly removed it cause you feel yourself they shouldn't be housed together, that's bias, again from a person that has no experience housing them together, so probably should keep quiet on the matter

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Troy, the subject is closed, all posts were removed and that's the end of it. So let it drop. There won't be any more talking about this, so drop it. Period.

troyncindy

Hatchling Member
everybody on the site can go on for months about keeping them separated, but now it's closed when it's pointed out that it's all hear say? Got to love power hungry admins that think their way is the only way

troyncindy

Hatchling Member
and I asked a question for the board, it's clear none of them have housed them together, or they'd say so, so it stands that they're talking from hear say.

troyncindy

Hatchling Member
and again, show me where my "arguing" was rude and not board worthy. I asked legitimate questions that if answered, would shoot down every post against housing them together, and they and you know it, that's when you think it turned to arguing, is when that side lost it's credibility

LadyJEsq

Hatchling Member
TheDragonKeepers":p8zbum2c said:
There's no harm at ALL in having them in separate tanks.
I totally disagree. My girls were housed together for over seven years without incident. When I had to seperate them for illness or egg laying, Brain always seemed to get depressed/stressed. She always seemed to need her sister. So much so that if she was sick and needed a trip to the vet, I would bring Pinky along because I knew she made her feel better and it was less stressful for her. Even when I let them out of their enclosure, I would later find them together. They had 1400sq/ft to roam, and managed to curl up (in their famous yin/yang shape) together. Neither held a dominant position. Sometimes Brain would climb on Pinky, Pinky would move and climb on Brain and then Brain would move out from under and the two would lay side by side, and vice versa.

The bond that my girls had, especially Brain to Pinky, was so strong, that I'm actually worried about Brain, now that Pinky is gone.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Interesting that your beardies were Pinky and Brain. So were my girls, also housed together their whole lives without incident. Both have passed a while back (at about 11 years age each; sisters).

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
troyncindy":2p15v6cx said:
and somebody that doesn't know the difference between debating and rude arguing shouldn't be an admin, just saying
The decision is made. Further comments about being moderated on this topic will be viewed as a hijacking of the topic (also a policy violation). This is to be the last off-topic comment on this thread.

Making comments that seem designed to inflame others (as determined by moderators or me) is also a policy violation. You will stop now, or the warning you were issued will be escalated into periods of being banned.

Given I started the site from nothing, paid for it from my own pocket for years, and have managed to maintain and keep rather large, and what most view as a friendly community (a stated priority of the site), I think I've earned the right to be called an admin. And my moderators have absolutely earned their position. Policies are clearly stated, and you have agreed to adhere to the policies when you signed up for the site.

If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to PM me. I've been aware of the issues already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom