Introducing Spike's new sister...Scarlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderbrothers

Juvie Member
Here are some photos of Scarlet, our new bearded dragon. She looks very orange in the photos because of her heat light, but she's more red than orange: (refresh the page if the photos don't show)

scarlet093.jpg

scarlet094.jpg

Spike was cool with Scarlet, but Scarlet was a little freaked out by the bigger Spike. Here's a photo of the tanks side by side, and you can see the size difference between the two. Scarlet will eventually be as big or bigger than Spike.

scarlet098.jpg

And from this shot, you can tell Scarlet in the background is puffing her beard at Spike, trying to show Spike who's boss. Spike just looked at me like "Who is she kidding?"

scarlet095.jpg

And one last shot. Scarlet is still young (5 months old) so her beard isn't fully developed yet. But here's a better photo of her trying to puff it out at Spike.

scarlet097.jpg

Scarlet’s puffing attempts only lasted about ten minutes. She head bobbed once or twice at Spike, then lost interest and has been calm and fine ever since. Spike still stares at Scarlet sometimes, but Scarlet seems oblivious to her now…

Thanks to midnight_962002 for offering us such a gorgeous young dragon. And thanks for personally delivering her to us. It was great to finally meet you.

If anyone has any doubt as to whether the dragons Ernie sells are worth the asking prices, the answer is definitely yes. Scarlet is healthy, extremely active, and just as docile as can be. I can’t wait to get some better photos of her showing her true coloring. It has to be seen to be appreciated…

beagle lover

Juvie Member
I know what you mean. Our Puff came from Ernie as well in fact she would be Scarlet's sister and she is turning out to be a beautiful beardie as well. I picked her up though because I live in Wisconsin.
11-3-2007-17.jpg

This picture doesn't really do her justice either because of the MVB bulb, but she is really very orange.

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
Hello,

Congrats on the new dragon, I know how exciting a new dragon can be... She is very beautiful and full of attitude, I love it! In the third picture Spike looks huge compared to Scarlet, I bet scarlet is not even 1/3 the weight of Spike!

I'm glad to see your becoming addicted to, before you know it you will have multiple dragons like I do! :lol: :wink:
I tell everyone they are like Pringles "once you pop you can't stop!" or the Lay's commerial, "I bet you can't have just one?"

Anthony

thunderbrothers

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah, beagle lover, Ernie's dragons are amazing. He's very knowledgeable about his dragons, and he's a great person, too.

beardedwizard, you're right, Spike is roughly twice as big, and ALOT heavier. Scarlet is so light and FAST! I had forgotten how speedy these little guys can be...

I tried to take a few more photos of Scarlet to show her true colors. These are a little closer:

scarlet001.jpg

scarlet002.jpg

scarlet004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom