Injured Fingers?

AnGi3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunny
Hi. Im new to this forum. I came across it while searching online for possible treatment answers. This is our 1st beardie, she is 1y/o. She seems to have injured her front right hand finger? Initially the 2 fingers were stuck together bc of dried blood. A couple days later the 2 fingers separated. But now the dried blood area looks worse. The scales around those 2 fingers are kinda lifted up and it looks like sone scales are gone. It hurts her when we try to gently clean it. We don’t know how she hurt herself. Should I be worried?

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
is there a hammock in the enclosure. a lot of injuries come from them. do you have any pictures so we can look at what is going on?

AnGi3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunny
is there a hammock in the enclosure. a lot of injuries come from them. do you have any pictures so we can look at what is going on?
No we do not have a hammock.

Attachments

• 175460BC-8233-420A-95BE-6E758991FBE3.jpeg
    175460BC-8233-420A-95BE-6E758991FBE3.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 50
  • D2245D70-6305-452B-9CDB-0302CA01A18C.jpeg
    D2245D70-6305-452B-9CDB-0302CA01A18C.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 57

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
ok my first thought was getting it tangled in a hammock. that is quite common. outside the blood, that doesn't look as bad as i expected. not much swelling. for now you can put some raw unpasteurized honey on it if you have it. or some neosporin but you have to make sure it is the kind that is only antibiotic. no pain relief formula or anything like that. if you are feeding crickets, make sure none get left in the cage. they will go straight for that and bite causing infection. are you seeing any blackbearding?

AnGi3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunny
ok my first thought was getting it tangled in a hammock. that is quite common. outside the blood, that doesn't look as bad as i expected. not much swelling. for now you can put some raw unpasteurized honey on it if you have it. or some neosporin but you have to make sure it is the kind that is only antibiotic. no pain relief formula or anything like that. if you are feeding crickets, make sure none get left in the cage. they will go straight for that and bite causing infection. are you seeing any blackbearding?
Thank you for that advice. No, there is no black bearding.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
that's good then. try those things and keep an eye on it. if you start to see blackbearding or any signs of infection i'd consult a good vet. i can give you a link to find a good one in your area if needed. i'm sure some others will chime in with advice too. we do everything we can around here to help out our little scaly butt loves!

AnGi3

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunny
that's good then. try those things and keep an eye on it. if you start to see blackbearding or any signs of infection i'd consult a good vet. i can give you a link to find a good one in your area if needed. i'm sure some others will chime in with advice too. we do everything we can around here to help out our little scaly butt loves!
Omg!! Thank you sooo much. I really do appreciate it. Yes please send vet link. I live south of Houston, in Pearland, Tx

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom