Info - Blue | Aqua | Purple (not lavender) ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trajega

Hatchling Member
Hi Yall,
I'm trying to see what I can find for another cool colored beardy, but cant figure out where all I could be looking. I also am curious about adult blue/ aqua/purple.

I know BBD has had a few MUST HAVE colors, but I havent seen them with one for a while. Do they frequently have them? I saw two other places, 1 non-reputable in flauna classifieds... But simply cant find the correct places to look for them.

Secondly, I have heard a number of people talk about how colors of young can be deceiving, and am wondering if these types of dragons remain having amazing blue/ purple colors as adults? Or do they become lavender?

Has anybody seen legit pictures of blue or purple adults? or better yet, in person?

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=141861

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147954

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=117566

Gail

BD.org Addict
I really don't think there is such a thing and I've never seen any of the so called purple ones as adults. BBD has been asked to provide pics of adults but so far they haven't. I think most of blue/purple you see in some translucents is simply their guts and won't be visible when adults. All the "purple" dragons I've seen pictures of are always translucent and trans are just weird as babies.

BBD does have a picture of a adult blue dragon(on their website) that was bought from a zoo but to me it just looks like he has a really thick shed. I seen a couple fairly blue hatchlings and both turned into dark gray adults.

rebel750

From what I understand yes the purples have been popping out of Trans clutches, but at random from what I was told by one who has been producing them. The purples I have seen are PURPLE, not the internal organs (not completely anyway).

No they are not readily availible yet. There are a few here and there. But since the purple morph is so new the actual nature of that gene is still undetermined, but it is known that it does come from the Trans lines.

True purple, paradox, and pieds are random mutations. They usually start off as normal trans, hypo, hypotrans, or double het, then start changing after a couple sheds. They are random mutations only when both hypo and trans are mixed into the same dragon. The definition of paradox is a contradiction. Both trans and hypo are complete genetic opposites of each other. When combined, an occasional oddity pops out. Like a piebald ball python, no two are the same. Some may be almost entirely purple, others with small patches of purple.

Josh

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Josh,

Do you happen to know of anyone that has any pictures of them as adults? I love the pie-bald look of the beardies and would love to see what the purple looks like as an adult.

Are you currently producing any of these paradoxes? Or what are you working with right now?

Thanks

Brandi

Hi,

Here is a pic of a sub-adult female paradox: http://members.cox.net/jdovenbarger/112907purpletransfemale1.jpg

I don't know if you have seen the dragon Raz...There is a ton of adult pictures of him floating around the internet. He is also a paradox. I have a lot more example pics that I need to re-size. My website will be up soon:) You can also check out pics on my facebook page under: josh dovenbarger

Been producing paradox dragons since 2004. Lately I have been producing more paradox dragons than usual. Not sure why. One of my customers told me the other day he had 3 change over. Another person posted one on the kingsnake forum. It's just one of those mutations you cant predict. If you work with trans and hypos long enough, you will produce one.

Pieds are very, very rare. I have only produced two in the whole time breeding dragons. They could be a chimayra(hope i spelled this right). This is when twins fuse together into one dragon, making a half one morph, half another. I tried reproducing pieds with no luck. Steves could be something different, who knows. Needs to be proven out.

Many trans(and other trans morphs) tend to have a purple look to them as babies. As they grow, most of them will lose it. True paradox/purples don't change until they have some size. Be very cautious purchasing trans babies as purples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom