Infertile Gravidity or Something Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

So I have a question regarding my 2 year old Mosey. Just yesterday during bath time, I noticed an internal spherical lump on the right side of her abdomen between the fat pad and her chest area. There's possibly one other on her other side, but I'm unsure. I've never felt this before, so I don't think it's an organ or anything like that. I'd say it's slightly larger than marble size. She had a large bowel movement tonight, so I don't think it's impaction. However, she was recently impacted due to licking up the sand in her tank. After laxatives and a second xray, the vet verified that her system was mostly cleared out. She's on reptile carpet now.

I've had Mosey for a year, and she has laid infertile eggs before, but not in the past 9 months. Does this sound like gravidity to anyone? Should I be concerned that she only seems to have one of whatever the thing is? She digs around all the time, so I can't determine whether this is a sign that she's gravid. I'd like to give her a substrate that she could be comfortable laying in (if it's an egg that's inside), but I'm worried again due to the impaction risk. Any thoughts? I will take her to the vet if necessary, but I'd love some feedback before I shell out another 200 dollars for a visit/xray. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible. The digging behavior, appetite change, and restlessness are usually the main indicators but that's tougher to use if she isn't showing a change in behavior. You can still build a dig box and I don't think it will pose an impaction risk. Just fill a plastic tote bin with damp play sand and organic topsoil mixed to a consistency that can hold a tunnel and let her dig around a bit. Sometimes getting a tunnel started can be helpful. A vet should be able to tell you with more certainty via ultrasound or x-ray if eggs are developed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom