Incubator question

Status
Not open for further replies.

annlizardlover97

Hatchling Member
I just posted that Miss Fatty's laying her eggs but was so excited I 4got to ask my question !! :? Sorry but I'm sure u all know how exciting things can get when eggs start coming! I'm beside myself with sheer joy! Anyway, my question relates to the incubator, which is a homemade one with the bricks, water, underwater aquarium thermometer, etc. I have the eggs on vermiculite in plastic containers. I mixed it with water at a ratio of 5:1 as I've read to do. I'm having to improvise all the way here due to me car being stolen & can't just run out to the store to get things. I wish. I have a brand new Sunleaves Garden Products brand hrgro-thermometer gun which I just got online. The temp reading in the incubator is the same as the room temp, it duznt change any at all. It's 84 degrees F. and humidity is at 68%, inside & out. Is this ok? I live in a small house in NC where its been in the upper 80's all week and high humidity too. We tend to have very high humidity this time of year & I've read that can cause mold to start growing on the eggs. The front room where my bed is (since im disabled) & my lizards are is the only one w/ an AC unit (window unit) and its 78 degrees F in here now (usually 82-83 daytime). I've got the incubator set up on a table in the adjoining room where the temp hopefully will b more stable since the AC duznt get in there but I'm afraid if it gets too hot I'll cook the eggs. If the room temp where the incubator is is the same as what it's reading inside the incubator, is that ok? Can I leave it at room temp w/o heater on if it's in high 80's? Also should the eggs be covered up with vermiculite? I made the indentation w/ my finger & placed them about 2/3 in which is how I did my other dragons eggs a few yrs ago but Ive read several places lately that it's better to totally cover them since this is how they'd be in the wild. Thanks so much 4 ur help & advice! Really appreciate it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom