Incubator DIY (completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
I am going to make an incubator soon for a friend and am wondering if there is an intrest in a DIY. I have built so many I don't even know how many I have built...but its a lot. Although my roach bin coolers would make an awesome incubator I'm building my friends out of a glass front refrigerator. Its much nicer than my full sized refrigerator one.
But I can take pictures how to build one if there is an interest in it. If not, I won't bother with taking pictures :)

Edit: sorry I guess I should have posted this under "breeding" or "DIY". But not many people see those topics anyway ;)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Moved here from General Discussion forum since it is related to breeding]

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know that there are a ton of breeders on here but the question does come up from time to time. If you're willing to put a how-to together and post it, that would at least provide an archive so someone can find it down the road if they're looking for some build instructions. May not generate a lot of immediate discussion but I don't doubt it would be helpful.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Rankins":3gzfxcqy said:
I am going to make an incubator soon for a friend and am wondering if there is an intrest in a DIY. I have built so many I don't even know how many I have built...but its a lot. Although my roach bin coolers would make an awesome incubator I'm building my friends out of a glass front refrigerator. Its much nicer than my full sized refrigerator one.
But I can take pictures how to build one if there is an interest in it. If not, I won't bother with taking pictures :)

Edit: sorry I guess I should have posted this under "breeding" or "DIY". But not many people see those topics anyway ;)
Yes, I would be very interested in this, I love the DIY stuff. I generally just go to new posts and catch up on the events of the day, some funny, some sad, all interesting!

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'll take pictures every step of the way then :)
Its not horrible difficult, but I hate seeing people spend a fortune on a little incubator that some companies make. I'm not even sure how well those work. But I do know my incubators usually fluctuate less than a degree with a good thermostat.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Finished my incubator build its made from a RockStar frige. All the interior lights work now after I rewired them. I removed the cooling parts, the freon had already been discharged prior to me tearing into it. I placed the light sockets where some of the cooling equipment was. They are hidden behind some sheet metal. Its a nice and clean design. The heating elements and fan are on a thermostat. Right now I'm testing it with a $20 thermostat...but it will have a $100 Herpstat Basic once I get it to my friends house. I'm going to scavange it off the last incubator I built for her.
Since I rarely can post pictures here I have them on my Desert Design Venomous Facebook page. I didn't take many and did not explain the entire process, but pictures should give an idea on how to build one. If there are any questions on it, I'm more than willing to provide more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom