Important Vitamin Supplement Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I bought my beardie the all important Dragon Dust, except the bottle I have is called "Bearded Dragon Calcium Plus", NOT "Dragon Dust" but its the same company/bottling/etc (T-Rex Repashy). The Dragon Dust has 20,000 iu/kg of Vitamin A. The one I have, Bearded Dragon Calcium Plus, containts 400,000 IU/KG VITAMIN A! Is this not way too much, because I follow the instruction and use with every feeding? Also - are these dusts meant to be used with a supplemental multi-vitamin, ie Herptivite? My beardies health depends on it.. just wanna make sure I'm supplying him with the correct vits/minerals.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I don't really know what the dragon dust is.. calcium?? vitamins??
What most folks here, and what I use is..
Calcium (with or without D3, depending on UVB type)
and a good Multivitamin.

mysterysock

Original Poster
If its any help.. the Guaranteed Analysis is:

12% Crude Protein, min
.75% Crude Fat, min
3% Crude Fiber, max
8% Moister, max
8% Ash, max
16% Calcium, min
18% Calcium, max
400,000 IU/KG Vitamin A
20,000 IU/KG Vitamin D3

Does anyone know the vit/mineral content of the RepCal Calcium/Multivitamin dusts? Thinkin' I just shouldn't risk it and go buy the RepCal Calcium and Herptivite.... Agreed?

mysterysock

Original Poster
Well Mr. Repashy himself actually emailed me back concerning this product. Wanted to hear anyone else's thoughts on the matter --

"The formula has not changed, only the label. The first label you mention was printed incorrectly. Vitamin A toxicity in herps is extremely rare, search the web for lots of info. The information you speak of is very outdated. The appropriate levels of vitamin A to D is 10 to one, meaning 400,000 iu of A to 40,000 iu D3.... The levels in my product are not high at all for a supplement, and lower than many. A complete diet needs only 1% calcium. In the link provided you can see the formula to calculate the vitamin D requirements and then extrapolate the vitamin A needs using the ratio I mentioned. I assure you, that this is a proven formula. I could go on and on with details, but don't have time to write you a novel tonight ;) ... please study the diet forum and ask any questions you might still have there.

It is meant to be used exclusively. Using any other vitamin or mineral powder defeats the purpose and throws everything off. it has all vitamins and minerals that are needed...."

I'm not at all familiar with vitamin rations required by dragons, I've tried researching but only found minimal facts. Any light on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, the gecko breeders on gecko forum use Calcium Plus for geckos and she said the result can speak for itself. Some of the more harder to breed species has successfully breed and lay nice calcified eggs. One of the breeder also has a rankin dragon and she use the product for bearded dragon and it has worked for her, too. I've heard good and bad comments about Calcium Plus. So you just have to make up your mine. I know people who use it with great success, but I know people who complain about it, too. So.... Try visiting Mr. Repashy forum and post your question there. Here is the link: http://www.forums.repashy.com/ There are a lot of knowledgeable there who knows about the product, including Allen himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom