Import from Germany! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone!
I was hoping someone could provide me with some comfort.
I just purchased a Hypo Pastel Female 66% het Witblit/trans from a breeder in Germany. In honor of the 'Hamm" show we were able to get her in with the shipments through Dutch Dragon Imports to the U.S.A.
He is reputable and after I purchased her I was told she should arrive Thursday or Friday of next week...
WHAT HAVE I DONE? Does anyone have any experience with them or importing a dragon from Germany? How do they keep them alive for that long?
I am very excited but also VERY NERVOUS!
SOMEONE HELP!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....those are questions for the seller really. So you should always do your homework to put your own mind at ease. Unless you yourself were picking it up at the airport, then someone else is picking it up with a number of other imports that have been ordered to be distributed to the buyers here, shipped individually. They would be unpacked after picking up from the airport, checked + hydrated, then repacked to ship to the final destination.[ YOU ] So if you know who the importer is, you can ask how + when the dragon will be coming to you.

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello, I did ask him and he is quite reputable.
I know that he has shipped at least several to the U.S.A from what I can see.
I did do my homework as far as when and how the dragon will arrive, I guess I'm just curious if anyone has any personal experience to put my mind at ease :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know they have a good reputation, and there are lots of people who have had reptiles shipped fro Europe. The dragons handle it fine, they just go to sleep in their dark little box and generally recover very quickly. I've never received an import, but I have shipped to Hong Kong through an exporter and everything went fine.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
By the way, the Witblits is one of the newest/rarest morphs being worked with today, you must be paying a good sum for her ! [ Don't worry, I'm not looking for what you price was, I will MMOB ] Will you eventually look for a het. Witblits to try + produce some yourself ? And please post a pic when you get her.

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am breeding her to my Yellow normal blue eyes with high hopes that she is het. for trans and witblit.
Could you imagine blue eyed Witblits?
I guess I am really gambling here!

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This is her :

QBQNny4.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very pretty ! And I've seen your blue eyed dragon, he's magnificent. :) There are very few het. Witblits floating around in this country, if they are sold they are pretty high priced and well documented so it's very, very unlikely to unknowingly have one. If you could reproduce the blue eyes, that would really be something though.

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do you know of any cases where the 66% was proven?
I can't find any, but I understand these bearded dragons are rare. I had been hoping to find a an adult or sub adult hypotrans originally. I was told that Jasper's eyes could be a paradox effect and he could be het for hypo and trans. I am very excited about her! I'm pretty sure no one has bred a blue eyes to a witblit het yet ;)

dragonov

Hatchling Member
DDI imports all their own dragons from the US, so if the dragons make it one way they will most likely make it the other way too.. :) If the breeder you got your dragon from is connected to DDI there's also a chance your dragon already made the journey succesfully. I think your little looker will make it just fine! :D

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I appreciate it :) I know that it's the day after the Hamm show there right now. I'm not sure when they transport them after receiving them from the breeders. And he knew the contact of DDI persoanlly :D
I'm very excited for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom