Impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
My beardie woke up from brumation amd hasn't been pooping. I rubbed his belly and felt a hard penny-sized bubble to the right or his vent (to the right if looking from the top, tail bein closest to you). Is that where the large intestine is? I'm assuming that if yes, then I should take action?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds like a prolapse.....unfortunately. Are you able to get him in to see a vet?
In the meantime until you can get him to a vet, try to keep the area moist with ky jelly or
vaseline to keep it from drying out.
Did you try soaking him in a cool sugar water bath? That can help reduce the swelling
of the tissue.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do internal prolapses happen? I'm not sure if there was a misunderstanding or something, but the outside of his body is completely fine. I made a more recent post about this because I contacted my vet and he gave me some strange advice.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I posted on your other thread, with more advice along with a few others as well.
I am glad that he does not have a prolapse, either, thankfully.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom