Impaction before purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my dragon on Saturday. Saturday night he ate maybe eight crickets and then Sunday morning he ate maybe three or four. Sunday night and monday morning he refused to touch a single cricket. He's showed absolutely zero interest in his salad but I still offer fresh salad every morning. His first poop was Sunday afternoon and I thought it had an odd looking white piece in it. I wasn't too sure so I just went ahead and disposed of it. Today despite him still being extremely stressed he pooped again this afternoon (Monday) and I noticed the white bit again. I put his feces out on a paper towel and used a plastic spoon to get to the white piece. After a close inspection I decided it looked like a mealworm. The only thing is I've never offered him mealworms. On the care sheet his breeder gave me when I bought him it said that for a dragon his size they feed micro mealworms. Do you think it's possible that he has a mild case of impaction from the mealworms his breeder was feeding him? I'm really worried about the little guy :( . Thanks for the help everyone.

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
PoliticalKid":2shahw7w said:
I bought my dragon on Saturday. Saturday night he ate maybe eight crickets and then Sunday morning he ate maybe three or four. Sunday night and monday morning he refused to touch a single cricket. He's showed absolutely zero interest in his salad but I still offer fresh salad every morning. His first poop was Sunday afternoon and I thought it had an odd looking white piece in it. I wasn't too sure so I just went ahead and disposed of it. Today despite him still being extremely stressed he pooped again this afternoon (Monday) and I noticed the white bit again. I put his feces out on a paper towel and used a plastic spoon to get to the white piece. After a close inspection I decided it looked like a mealworm. The only thing is I've never offered him mealworms. On the care sheet his breeder gave me when I bought him it said that for a dragon his size they feed micro mealworms. Do you think it's possible that he had a mild case of impaction from the mealworms his breeder was feeding him? I'm really worried about the little guy :( . Thanks for the help everyone.

well for one, most young beardies refuse salad for a long time. i just recently got my year old leatherback to try kale. -.- so don't be too worried about not eating salads, just give him a bath every few days to make sure he's staying hydrated. secondly, he may not eat much for a week or two. he's doing pretty well for just getting him on saturday. and last of all, the white piece that usually comes out with their poop is the urate (beardie pee). he's probably not impacted and just stressed. mealworms aren't good for them but since he's been pooping and ate some i think he'll be okay. just keep an eye on him and let us know if he continues to act strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom