immediately removed the compact...but now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Justin Bobby has been hanging out underneath this Repti Glo 10.0 for almost a week now, until today I read the horrible stories about the problems they can cause due to excessive UVB!! I feel pretty dumb, I did so much research on lights/heating before I brought him home, I wanted everything perfect, ugh

But, at least I caught it soon enough. But now I am kinda lost as to what to switch to. I am planning on a fluorescent tube fixture, and I heard many of you rave over he Repti Sun 10.0 so I plan on looking for that one. But if the local pet store does not carry it, is there an appropriate substitute until I order this one online?

And will being without any UVB source for a few hours harm him? I plan on running to the store first thing in the morning but I have class until the afternoon. Thanks so much for reading :wink:

I never thought I would be this paranoid and in love with this crazy little guy lol

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
I'm glad you removed the compact. I'm sure you caught it in plenty of time.
You can take him outside if the weather is warm enough where you are (in a plastic tub, not glass, so he doesn't run off). That will help him get the UVB he needs (it's actually really good for them to get natural UVB rays). If not, he will be ok without a UVB for a little while, it's better to just keep the compact off, and return it if you can. Just make sure you keep the temps right and get the ReptiSun 10.0 tube ASAP. I don't know of any other safe alternative for the time being, but he should be fine. He obviously has a very caring owner :D .
Don't feel dumb. I've heard/read stories of people not realizing they were using a bad UVB or providing improper care for several years and by then they have a seriously ill beardie.
They have that effect on us :wink: ...my two worry me all of the time!
Abi

P.S. That name cracks me up! :lol:

cristinamarie

Original Poster
Oh yeah, I have not taken him outside yet, I live in Texas so I am sure he'd love the warmth! Im going to grab the ReptiSun 10.0 TUBE lol as soon as I get out of class this afternoon. He was eating well and everything this morning so I am sure I was just being paranoid. Those are horrible stories though ugh :(
Thanks so much for the re-assurance! Poor guy had so many names before I brought him home, and when I saw him it was the FIRST thing I started calling him lol I think he likes it. Thanks again! :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom