Im worried about my beardie! HELP PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubbixoxo

Hey guys i have a four month old baby bearded dragon and i read a website saying that a four month old beardie should be 8-10 inches long or a little bit bigger. but Maleficent (his name) is only barley 7 if not a little shy. im worried about him is this normal is he ok? :( :shock: :? :oops: :!: :?:

Thanks!
love,
Maleficent and Cubbi

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
As long as he's eating well and getting his supplements (young beardies eat a ton!), and his viv has a proper UVB source and correct temperatures, I wouldn't worry! Some dragons are naturally smaller than others :)

Mariah94

Juvie Member
Who told you the little guys age? How long have you had him? How much are you feeding him? Suppliments?

Pictures would be awesome :)

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Mariah94":2pk3zzma said:
Who told you the little guys age?
Oh, good thought! :) Pet stores don't usually know the hatch dates (or even approx. hatch dates) of the animals they sell, so if you got your little guy from a pet store it's possible he's actually younger than 4 months. :)

Cubbixoxo

Original Poster
Thanks guys for everything! I got him from a breeder and they told me his age. I have the right lighting he eats about 30 crickets a feeding and I put calcium on his fruits and veggies anything I need to change?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You can't go by length alone to determine age or whether your beardie is of the right size for his/her age.
Like the others had already said, as long as your beardie has a good appetite and active, I'm sure he's just fine.

By the way, when I got Pookie, I was told that he was about 4 months old. However, knowing better, I knew that he couldn't have been more than 2 months old because he was a mere 7.5 inches long tip to tip and weighed only 14 grams, and he was the thickness of my index finger (I have really skinny fingers).

mgodfriaux

Hatchling Member
Try not to worry to much beardie babies are just like people babies and grow at their own rate and as long as they are eating good they should be fine

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
My male is 22 inches another male from the same cluch is 20. They where both fee d pretty much the same diet when they where hatching and juvie age and pretty much the same now as adult. Setups are the same temp wise. size will vary even in hatch mates. The important thing is good diet and proper setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom