im thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptastic

hi guys i have been contiplating switching my beardies food around currently he is eating crix and small mealies and is growing nicely(he is now 8" at 4 mo.) i dust his food daily with calcium or vitamins(repto-cal w/d3 and reptovites) also he is eating a small bowl of greens w/ squash, parsnip, cactus pads ect. i want to add some food items to the menu; i have decided to add dubias,butterworms and phoenix worms! i thinking about having the following feeding schedule:

sunday-dubias&phoenix
monday-crix&dubias
tuesday-dubias&mealis
wenesday-phoenix&crix
thursday-mealies&butterworms
friday-dubias&butterworms
satuday-phoenix&dubias

i ultimately want him to have the phoenix worms and the dubias most of the week and rest inbetween, what do you all think about this feeding, i lso plan to get another beardie in another month or 2 and he/she will be fed the same thing also!

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Sounds like a very spoiled pooper....lol
Go for it.
Only think I would go is ditch the mealies. To much shell to meat in my opinion.
When he gets bigger you can use supers in place of those.

TheWolfmanTom":15l36in3 said:
Sounds like a very spoiled pooper....lol
Go for it.
Only think I would go is ditch the mealies. To much shell to meat in my opinion.
When he gets bigger you can use supers in place of those.

I would also get rid of the crickets altogether. There is no point in feeding them both when a dubia is like a healthier crik with more meat and less shell

I am thinking about switching over to just dubias. Is that possible to only feed those for live feeders? Does that provide a BD with what he needs (well of course with his greens and veggies and fruit)?

thanks

christina

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Let me show you what a steady diet of Dubias can do for a dragon....
I'll use Gemini as my... example...
Week of arrival: 2-09-09
IMG_0003.jpg

3-05-09
IMG_0020.jpg

4-13-09
IMG_0031.jpg

5-05-09
IMG_0043.jpg

5-28-09
Two pictures here... You'll understand why...
Geminipeeking.jpg

TheDragonsTail.jpg

7-00-09 Forgot which day I actually posted this, but:
IMG_0069.jpg

That platform is 12" x 14"

9-13-09
IMG_0136.jpg

That is a table top fountain... over 17" high.

12-25-09
IMG_0180.jpg

Today:
IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0028_1.jpg

I think that just about sums up my point.

Thank you for the pictures, Gemini is beautiful and I think he looks like a dragon a person could just cuddle right up to and love it!! I definately think the dubias are doing him good!! How old he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom