im the new guy! my 3 babys and the viv i built them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenky

well here are my 3 babys all from the same pair. i got these guys from a friend of a friend and did as much reserch as i could in the short time i had to get ready for them.

ive had them around amonth now and sandy who is the yellow/orange coulour has tripled in size and eats like a PIG! the other 2 eat ok but no were near as much as her. im hopeing i got 3 females from the batch but if not i will rehome the males as soon as i get confirmation there are any. sandy is 90%female but the other 2 are still to small to tell (this is what my local reptile store has told me).

here is sandy first tucking into her salad!

dragons034.jpg

next phsyco, we call her this as she was the first to explore the viv and house at speed!

dragons039.jpg

sandy again. this time next to tiny, when we got them she was the smallest of the group

dragons040.jpg

my viv, its 48"long x26" wide x24" tall. my first attempt at viv building lol.

dragons044.jpg

1sttimebeardiemom

Juvie Member
Are the all the same age? If so I would highly recommend separating the smaller one because there is clearly dominance issues or she may be too stressed to eat. They all look like good enough size to sex if you take some pics of their hind ends I'm sure someone on here would be able to give you an idea...also what type of uvb tube is that and what are you using to take their temps with? I also think they should only be able to get within 6 inches of their uvb but maybe someone with more knowledge can help with that one...

jenky

Original Poster
to be honest tiny eats ok, she takes food from sandy especially locust. its just sandy will carry on eating well after the other 2 have had there fill. they all sleep together and normally lie on each other. i was worried about agression when sandy started to get bigger then the other 2 but as of yet they seem fine.

the basking lamp i use is a 100w sun glo
the tube is an arcadia D3 reptile lamp 6% uvb

i havent got digital thermometer`s yet but there next on the list. it is cool at the cool end so if it gets abit warm at the hot end im sure they will move.

they normall demolish a box of crickets go sit uner the heat lamp for a good while, poop and then hang about at the middle to cool end.

i can soon move the uvb tube abit higer out of there reach. when i collected them the young lass was on here 5th batch of eggs from her adult pair and her mother had decided to try and hatch them so was over run with the litte guys!. all the babys were actaully lieing ontop of the tube and seemed to love it. i was also told that if i got a reptisun 10 it had to be half way up the tank or if i got the 5 it should be at the bottom so they could get right next to it, but its just what i was told.

there really really lively and love haveing a run around the living room. there not frighten of me at all and love to be touched.

advice is well taken as i want the best for them obiously, but money is tight and there costing me a fortune to feed! so expencive equipment isnt really much of an opition at the moment. it broke the bank to get the equipment im useing now.
cheers.

jenky

Original Poster
forgot to say there all from the same batch of eggs but tiny hatched a little while after sandy and phsyco did. sandy and phsyco were the same size when i got them a month ago and tiny was only very slightly smaller. as im typing sandy is lieing across the bark and tiny is on her back basking, there lights are just about to go out as its there bed time!.

jenky

Original Poster
i took this picture 2 days ago. i tryed a slate shelf as i basking spot but it got to hot so removed it.
tiny on top then sandy and phsyco, this is how they normally bask lol.
dragonspic.jpg

Kaitlyn55

Hatchling Member
cool vivs! how did you make it? I wanna make one but I didnt have time to build one when i first got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom