I'm so excited! **WITH PICS!!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
I've got the Pointer Sisters singing in my head, lol. Tristan woke me up at 6:30, but instead of going back to bed for a couple hours like usual after feeding him & putting him back to bed, I'm totally awake.
So in hopefully about 6 hours, I've got a new pooper showing up on my doorstep from Kevin at Distinctive Dragons!
6DF4a.jpg

Isn't she gorgeous? Tiny tail nip, but otherwise perfect!
I've never had a baby baby before, Priss was my youngest at 9 months (supposedly), so I want to get this right... An actual hide isn't necessary for a really little one because they might overuse it, right? So just a shady area where they can get away from the light is fine?
Name is still a little up in the air. I'm leaning towards Inara, but also considering:
Jezebel
Angela
Katana
Desdemona
Demona
Ophelia
Boudicca
Lunette
Sora
Jade (pronounced Ha-day, as it would be pronounced in Spanish)
Delilah

*cough* In case you're wondering about most of the latter choices, I'll just say I really like Gargoyles. :roll:
Anyhow, back to checking on my lights & temps & wondering if my set-up is to cluttered. I'll include a picture in a little while, my camera has decided to be very disagreeable, of course.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Demona !!!!!!!!!! That was One Tough Chic ! Okay... let's get your check list outta the way... I am doing a dry run today... for tomorrow's delivery of Lady Annebelle !

Check List:
Clothes on ?
Camera charged ?
Viv warmed up, salad available ?
Bath tub scrubbed and ready ?
Butterflies in belly ( good thing ;)) ?
:D
Janie.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Clothes: Well, pj's on, I have a 6 month old so it's hardly the first time the UPS man would have seen them! But real clothes soon!
Camera charged: Check, but being difficult & not wanting to focus, of course, grr!
Viv warmed, salad chopped, phoenix worms, roaches & tiny crickets standing by!
Sink next on list, has a baby bowl of oatmeal that's got to get washed first.
Butterflies!
Other check- staring desperately at UPS tracking info! and she just got scanned out of Seattle! Aghhhhhh!

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Little longer, I'm not that close to Seattle, unfortunately. 3 hours if I'm his first stop. :p

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
ACK ! Well, plenty of time then, to do some light child cleaning... get out the lemon juice to shine up those glass walls ;), a few dishes... Oh, and Several cups of Hot fluids ... ;)
Janie

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Mmm, coffee! Got some you can share? My FIL stole my coffee pot... Guess I'm stuck with tea.

Edit: Ok, she actually got scanned at 7:30 and apparently just took a long time to show up? I'm sure I didn't go 50 minutes between refreshes, although I'm trying to control myself... So... 2 hours!

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, it's supposed to be decaf, breastfeeding and all, but I think today calls for leaded!

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
*Sends Chai tea instead of Coffee.... * There... Much better than reg tea.. Far better than Coffee ;) lol
*Thinks again.. and sends over a mix of Reg/decaf... Emergency use Only;)*
Janie

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MMM, chai, wonderful idea Janie! I've got some here... somewhere...
Don't worry, there will be pictures, even if they're all blurry & unfocused!

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
In My Humble Opinion... Chai is ALWAYS what the occasion calls for ;)
You know you can order the Oregon on line, and get 5lbs for under $20 Yes ? ;)
Janie.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I usually pick it up at Cash & Carry (um, you're east coast, right? It's kind of like a non-member Costco) and honestly have no idea what we pay for it, lol.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Yup... take a ruler and span it diagonally southeast from you, and you found me ;) Savannah Ga... I get mine at Walmart... Coscos locally don't exist.. and all the other local groceries only carry the liquid concentrate.. Ishk.
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom