Ikky needs a good home! (Toronto, Ontario)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farli

Greetings Bearded Dragon community!

Please allow us to introduce ourselves. We are Star Spider and Ben Badger an animal loving couple from Toronto.

We are posting today because we have a problem and we are hoping there is someone in this community who would be able to help us.

We have a female bearded dragon friend who's name is Ikky (full name Iksar Happy Dragon) and we are looking for the perfect new home for her. She is in perfect heath and show no sign of the disease however Star has serious gastrointestinal health issues and the salmonella infection risked posed by Ikky is now a serious problem. Ben brought Ikky into the relationship and we were unaware of the health concerns until recently. As people who like to enrich our animal friends' lives we had Ikky running all over the house and all over all of our things and she seemed to be very happy like that. Our hearts were absolutely broken when we found out that she posed a serious health risk to Star. So we looked around to try and find her a home that would leave her in amazing conditions. In our search we came upon a breeder working at a zoo/store called Reptilia. There, he promised, she would have access to the best care, be put in to socialize with other beardies, have access to amazing food, get to watch people run around in the store and even be bred. This was the best possible outcome and the breeder promised to take care of her personally. The other day however we called in to check on her and were told that the breeder who had promised all this had left Reptilia and her fate was up in the air. So now we are searching for a new home for Ikky.

We want her to be in the care of people who will love her as much as we do, give her all the proper care and stimulate her senses (she especially enjoys looking in mirrors and watching us through the mirror). We don't want to just drop her off and forget about her, we love her very much and would still like to be a part of her life, so we are glad that your location is relatively close to where we live.

So the question is do you have room in your life for a wonderful bearded dragon who needs an awesome home or do you know of anyone who does? We would prefer for her to be in the company of other beardies, have the opportunity to be bred and also not just be stuck in a tank all day as she loves enrichment and exploration. We want her to be a free and happy lizard.

We are looking to bring her to her new home sometime in the next couple of weeks and if this is something of interest to you we would happily make our way to your location with her and drop her off. Hopefully there is someone in Southern Ontario who would be interested in taking care of our good friend.

In order for you to get a better understanding of Ikky and what she means to us we have put together a video - we like the song because we think it sounds like a bunch of young dragons in captivity singing about growing up and fighting for freedom (very inspiring):

http://vimeo.com/11526884

Also, to get a better understanding of how we feel about animals you can check out our worm saga where we managed to save the lives of some worms, educate people about the importance of all life and get a large donation for the Toronto Wildlife Centre (our charity of choice):

Part 1: http://vimeo.com/7840580
Part 2: http://vimeo.com/7840919

Thank you kindly for your consideration and general awesomeness!

Star Happy Spider & Ben Happy Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom