If you could review Sigrun's menu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince66mphs

I was hoping some of you could go over my feeding schedule and see if you see any glaring problems with it. This is for a young beardie approximately 4 months old.

Live feeders in the morning are crickets. I gut load them with Flucker’s High-Calcium Cricket Diet, Fluker’s Orange Cube Complete Cricket Diet, and Fluker’s Cricket Quencher Caciul Fortified. Alternating days I dust with Rep-Cal Herptivite (4 days a week) and Rep-Cal Calcium with Vit D3 (the other 3 days a week). I wasn’t really sure about how often I should dust with calcium since he’s getting Phoenix or Reptiworms every evening.

After his morning feeding I set a dish with his veggies and fruit in his tank with him for while we’re at work. One day it’ll be veggies, usually squash and broccoli finely chopped. The next will be cilantro and mustard greens and usually a grape, again all finely chopped. Every day I’ll add about a dozen of the Rep-Cal Juvenile Bearded Dragon Food pellets that have been soaked in hot water and I just squeeze them into a pulpy paste and sprinkle over his food. Then I add two or three Nature Zone’s Bites for Bearded Dragons cut into smaller pieces for him to eat along with it in his bowl.

In the evenings after work, his live feeders are Phoenix or Reptiworms. I never dust these.

Anyone see any big problems?

The calcium dusting should be 5 days a week, the vitamins the other 2, on the crickets, once a day.

The menu sounds good, how many crickets and worms is he eating in his feedings?
I'm under the impression that with the salads, the greens should be the base for everyday, with veggies offering a variety of color and taste on top each day. Is your dragon eating his salad everyday? I make ours eat her salad first before offering her crickets in the AM, otherwise she's too full to eat salad...

Check out the beautiful dragons site for ideas - mustard, chard, and collard greens are great staple for everyday salad. I discovered our dragon loves orange food - so I sprinkle butternut squash on top of her greens to get her interested.

vince66mphs

Original Poster
He'll usually eat 7-15 vitamin dusted crickets and 15-20 calcium dusted crickets in the mornings. His average on the worms seems to be between 25-30 per feeding.

I am often checking the Beautiful Dragons nutrition page for ideas on foods. Actually, that's where I got the 4-5 vitamin dustings per week for dragons under a year old. Though from what I've seen on the boards here, there doesn't seem to be a concensus on that they way there is which UVB bulb to use :)

I just wasn't sure on how much calcium to give him since half his live feedings are with calcium rich Reptiworms (plus the crickets are all gut loaded with calcium enriched everything).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom