Identifying colour/morph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayrazar

Hi there, if this post is in the wrong place please move it!

I don't have any current plans to breed my dragon, Bahamut, but I'm really curious about what colour or morph he is. More for my own curiosity and so I know what to call him when the pet store people ask!

His three basic colours are yellow, orangey-red around his head and a kind of dark lavendar-ish colour on his back. I'll add pictures.

DSC01451_zpse79ff739.jpg

DSC01449_zps7ac71db6.jpg

DSC01448_zps04c41e3b.jpg

DSC01447_zps510b5bb9.jpg

Any ideas would help! Thank you!

doe222

Juvie Member
You really need to know the parents to correctly identify a morph. IMHO though it looks to me like you have the common petsmart/petco MUTT dragon. I was told a large amount of them come from a citrus line of dragons....with others mixed in. Could be false though.

Lurhstaap

Juvie Member
Yeah unfortunately just because a beardie has nice colors does NOT mean it's a specific named morph or anything. Their colors aren't as well studied as those of say horses and so people tend to just assign names to whatever. Honestly half the supposed morphs out there are just names made up by the breeder. My 'crimson red' might be someone else's 'autumn red' or whatever.

In short, you have a lovely beardie and unfortunately you will just have to be satisfied with that. XD

Ayrazar

Original Poster
I know he's a mutt, was just wondering if anyone could identify anything in him. I figured a citrus variation of some kind, yeah. Thanks.

Unfortunately I dont know his parents :( Ah well :)

SeniorD

So how can you tell if yours is not a common.
I purchased one from a guy who claimed to have bought him from a place called dragons den.
Apparently my guy is a citrus tiger stripe or w/e and this guys dragon looks a bit like mine.

486824_589851234374109_1225566055_n.jpg

doe222

Juvie Member
Yea and my petsmart dragon is a citrus skunk lined orange dotted couger spike bearded blue splashed dolphin dragon.
Anyone can say anything to make it sound better. :)
Dont get me wrong, I love ceasar and would rather have his super rare morph than anything else :)

Ayrazar

Original Poster
I thought it might be like snakes where you can make out the different colour patterns and stuff.

I love his oranges and reds, though. Even if I can't identify any of his lineage :D

He was found on the side of the road in a bush in a tank, apparently. So who knows.

SeniorD

Well I would guess he is probably half citrus or fire but at least I feel like I can see a bit common in him/her. My female is a pet shop common, she gets orange and yellow in her beard especially when she is basking. But mostly a brown kind of color through out her body and white on her belly, spotted when she darkens up.

I can see your beardies belly is white and around the beard a little bit too. From what I have seen on the internet most of the "pure" colors are on the entire body under belly and the beard too. My citrus, his belly and beard are both the same yellow as his body.

So if that is the case and that is how you tell then I would guess your guy or girl had one parent that was a common and the other could have been what some people are calling the tiger stripe ones. I would say fire because of how dark it is. I was under the impression that citrus were really bright yellow but I don't know what makes them what.

I google image searched, "Fire Tiger Stripe bearded dragons" and here is one picture of many that look like this one and it's pretty close to your little guy.

cawley%20red%20flaming%20tiger%20448.jpg

Like everyone else said, you can never be too sure. Unless you get it from a site where they usually keep track of there parents and offer you photos of them.

If I was you I would go ahead and claim he is a Fire Tiger Stripe because that is what he clearly looks like.

Ayrazar

Original Poster
Perhaps a common with some fire/tiger/citrus mixed in somewhere down the line? Would make sense. Thanks :) And yes, his belly and beard are cream coloured, his beard gets stripes of black in it if he's filling frisky.

Just looked up citrus tiger and got this:
images

I could believe he was one part that three parts common or so.

SeniorD

Ayrazar":oprcfg38 said:
Perhaps a common with some fire/tiger/citrus mixed in somewhere down the line? Would make sense. Thanks :) And yes, his belly and beard are cream coloured, his beard gets stripes of black in it if he's filling frisky.

Just looked up citrus tiger and got this:
images

I could believe he was one part that three parts common or so.

Either way it's pretty sad someone left it in a bush. :'C

Ayrazar

Original Poster
Yeah for sure. Some people found him just sitting there, and took him home. They gave him a heating pad and fed him crickets, but they made half his tank a "swimming pool" and he didn't have a heat lamp or a UVB lamp. They then put him on Kijiji, and I got him for what I assumed was a good price, then realized I had to buy so much stuff. His tank went through one remodel then, and just had another the other day :) I also had him on 1 hornworm a week and crickets for about 2 months to put some weight on him, but he's still pretty little. He's long, but for a male he doesn't have the big head and beefiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom