idea i want to run it by you please (outdoor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
okay so i have an idea for an outdoor enclosure so if you would let me know what you guys think.

Total dimensions of enclosure 24inches tall by 72inches long and 72 inches wide

boards 1x3x3 @ 0.65ea x 72 = 46.80
plywood 1/2x2x2 @ 5.86 x 6 = 35.16
chicken wire 3ft x 25ft @ 19.77 x 1= 19.77
ceramic tiles (to cover plywood to ensure safety) -- price unknown but in the past have gotten very cheap

okay so plywood will be the bottom of enclosure, 8 of said boards will be the frame for the enclosure, the others will stack on top of others to get 24inches of height. all will be screwed tightly together with decking screws. the chicken wire is to go along the top of the enclosure for a number of reasons. it will keep predators from getting in, beardie from getting out but yet still allow the uvb from the sun to get in... everything i read says screen and glass and stuff like that filters uvb that is needed, so i want this to be something they can go outside in and i can do what i need to do inside but they still be safe... so what do you think?

other ideas or if you have a completely different idea please let me know... i think all in all this set up would run less than 150 dollars to complete...
i have made a "blueprint" of what i'm thinking if anyone wants to see it. of course i will put in rocks and water dishes and a shaded area... please keep in mind if you want me to upload the "blueprint" i made i am HORRIBLE at drawing heheheh

Jordan

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
Personally, I didn't put a solid bottom on mine because of trapping heat and killing grass.

I have chicken wire on the bottom, 1/4" screen on top. Sides are leftover MDF I salvaged from other jobs.

2x6x1 I have kept as many as 10 beardeds in it over the summer during day light hours without issue.

I cover a 1/3 of mine to provide an escape from the hot sun.

when i dig it out for the season, i will snap pics.

Gizmo1

sounds like a great idea to me, ive been thinking of doing something similar but not to sure if the weather will be good enough in the summer:/ .. also would u be able to upload the blueprints for me to see please:) thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom