I want this Desert Red to get back to his roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonDouglas

Hey everyone. I recently joined this forum because I am babysitting a 3 year old Desert Red named Brody. We live in Northwestern Arizona. I've seen nature shows where the lizard can just sit at an anthill and enjoy a buffet style meal. My question is, can I let Brody be King of the Hill and chow down the way his wild brethren do? The ants in question are bigger sized black ants, and they have been living happily for years, we actually pour bread and chip crumbs on em now and again, end of the bag type stuff. I've already checked to make sure the neighbor has not laid out any poisons or baits, so I am 95% sure they are not carrying any ant killers on 'em. The big unknown is parasites, but can he not get the same parasites walking around outside on his leash? Thanks for the time reading my issue, I hope to hear from some of you soon.

-Jonathan & Brody

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
They don't eat ants. Only a few species of animals do. :) It can actually harm the bearded if you feed them ants because ants have formic acid which can be poisonous if eaten in large amount and they can give one heck of a wallop with their stinger. I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom