I think this thread should be a sticky on multiple topics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittraff

This is the thread in question-

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154908

I feel the bearded dragon cohabitation really fits into almost every thread. Health, behaviour, enclosures, beardie ER, general discussion etc.

It seems like some people just don't notice it in the health section.

Eg. this topic. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=181098

The OP said through all his research he didn't find ANYTHING that said he couldn't house his bigger older beardie with a new baby. (a baby that came from another member on this forum, she was very upset) I feel that it's quite sad that on this site that person didn't notice the huge movement on this forum of opposing cohabitation.

Anyway! I think that this topic would be useful on a lot of the topics, even though it increases redundancy, it could save dragons lives as the owners chance upon this forum. (Or other forum goers)

Brittraff

Original Poster
I'd really appreciate it if people would comment their agreements (if they do agree) so that someone with the power to implement (and okay this) could.

Brittraff

Original Poster
Any moderators that can say its okay? Cause i know it could just be reposted it but it would be moved by a mod or deleted.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This would have to be discussed with Alex, the Site Administrator, and the other moderators before making it into a "sticky" that would remain at the top of all forums. Usually the stickies are only up for a short time to help keep the forum neat and tidy. Will let you know our decision.

Brittraff

Original Poster
diamc":2wotn553 said:
This would have to be discussed with Alex, the Site Administrator, and the other moderators before making it into a "sticky" that would remain at the top of all forum. Usually the stickies are only up for a short time to help keep the forum neat and tidy. Will let you know our decision.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this. :) the thread in question is a really informative and well written one that was really interesting to me and it's unfortunate people don't notice it sometimes.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yeah... I can say that gut reaction is that I do not want it to be a global announcement on all forums. The forums allow for sticky (top of where most posts are, like it is now), announcement (the special area at the top, which I prefer very limited use), and global announcements (only for notifications that eventually get removed, is in special area at top for all forums). There's unfortunately no "global sticky", that puts it in the same place as regular stickies, but on all forums.

Anyway.... my preference has ALWAYS been that anything that should be a consistent message, providing information and facts should be an article, and not buried in the forums in the first place.

We'll discuss and get back to you.

Brittraff

Original Poster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-j0Y5uf1wo

Not graphic or anything, just a video of this women introducing a new bearded dragon to their other one in a small tank, they headbutt each other with their puffed out black beards, this behaviour should indicate they aren't getting along..

Makes me question whether they even know the stress they are putting their dragons through.
Videos like this make me want to make sure everybody in the world knows not to do this.

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
beardie":772198wp said:
Yeah... I can say that gut reaction is that I do not want it to be a global announcement on all forums. The forums allow for sticky (top of where most posts are, like it is now), announcement (the special area at the top, which I prefer very limited use), and global announcements (only for notifications that eventually get removed, is in special area at top for all forums). There's unfortunately no "global sticky", that puts it in the same place as regular stickies, but on all forums.

Anyway.... my preference has ALWAYS been that anything that should be a consistent message, providing information and facts should be an article, and not buried in the forums in the first place.

We'll discuss and get back to you.

I agree... that thread is absolutely heartbreaking and I don't think it should be a sticky, itself, but that maybe a new thread should be? Maybe it would be beneficial to have a thread marked for Newbies that outlines some very general dos and dont's like this? Obviously not too in detail, as that would be an article, but just some big ones that can prevent any further beardie deaths.

Brittraff

Original Poster
Dreamwritten":3nrqpypw said:
I agree... that thread is absolutely heartbreaking and I don't think it should be a sticky, itself, but that maybe a new thread should be? Maybe it would be beneficial to have a thread marked for Newbies that outlines some very general dos and dont's like this? Obviously not too in detail, as that would be an article, but just some big ones that can prevent any further beardie deaths.

Thhis thread is heartbreaking? i guess the pictures are a little graphic but the thread itself is quite informative. However i love the idea of a newbie thread that covers the important things about beardie care in one place. like talks about the simple do's and don'ts of feeding a dragon. Or even an article that links to other threads that explain them more.

example, do follow this nutrition chart when it comes to feeding your dragon, http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Don't use loose substrates
don't put two dragons together,
do provide adequate space
do give baths
don't feed anything over the size of between your beardies eyes.

kind of illustrating a care sheet, but here with all the knowledge everyone on this forum has it would be the most accurate on the internet maybe

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Brittraff":2hguwqfo said:
Dreamwritten":2hguwqfo said:

Thhis thread is heartbreaking? i guess the pictures are a little graphic but the thread itself is quite informative. However i love the idea of a newbie thread that covers the important things about beardie care in one place. like talks about the simple do's and don'ts of feeding a dragon. Or even an article that links to other threads that explain them more.

example, do follow this nutrition chart when it comes to feeding your dragon, http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Don't use loose substrates
don't put two dragons together,
do provide adequate space
do give baths
don't feed anything over the size of between your beardies eyes.

kind of illustrating a care sheet, but here with all the knowledge everyone on this forum has it would be the most accurate on the internet maybe

Oh dear, I'm sorry, I meant Chompy's thread about Tomboy's beardie getting eaten was heartbreaking. I thought, for a moment, that you wanted THAT to become a sticky! That's why I thought it wouldn't be a good idea... the thread is really sad.

Brittraff

Original Poster
Dreamwritten":23rz6168 said:
Oh dear, I'm sorry, I meant Chompy's thread about Tomboy's beardie getting eaten was heartbreaking. I thought, for a moment, that you wanted THAT to become a sticky! That's why I thought it wouldn't be a good idea... the thread is really sad.

Oh gosh yes that thread is quite sad, its that tragedy that made me think about the fact that this information is so important and i don't understand why people don't see it.

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Brittraff":2j22hscf said:
Dreamwritten":2j22hscf said:

Oh gosh yes that thread is quite sad, its that tragedy that made me think about the fact that this information is so important and i don't understand why people don't see it.

To be honest, I'm pretty new, and I never saw anything that said "!!!ABSOLUTELY NO COHABITATION! DANGER, DANGER!!!" In fact, it can be quite misleading at times doing research, because there are so many YouTube videos of beardies getting along perfectly fine. But I think (thought, I suppose) that it's common sense mixing an unrelated baby and adult is dangerous... with any animal.

Hell, many small animals eat their own young. Why have any inhibitions about another reptile's babies?

But I guess what's done is done. It's heartbreaking, especially since one of our own sold it to him, but ignorance makes for the hardest lessons I suppose.

Brittraff

Original Poster
Dreamwritten":3175ibhw said:
To be honest, I'm pretty new, and I never saw anything that said "!!!ABSOLUTELY NO COHABITATION! DANGER, DANGER!!!" In fact, it can be quite misleading at times doing research, because there are so many YouTube videos of beardies getting along perfectly fine.

Im pretty new too, its so misleading. The pet store i got mine from even said they could live together fine! Youtube says it, multiple care sheets say its fine, it seems like this forum is the only reliable place on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom