I think Oliver might be consitpated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
I got my 2nd beardie on the 16th of July-

And I haven't really noticed until now that he only pooped for the first couple of days he was with me, then just stopped all of a sudden. I am worried he might be constipated.

He's not on sand, and wasn't on it at petsmart, but he could of been before he was taken to the store... I was just thinking just occasional constipation...

He's very active, almost always glass dancing. Loves his greens, crickets, etc.

I have no idea what UVB is on him though, my mom set it up on top of his tank, and it's a fluorescent tube, but I think she thinks all fluorescent tubes are UVB, I don't want to make her frustrated, or hurt her feelings.

I currently don't have much money for two reptisuns (Fred's is getting close to 6 months now...) I take him outside a lot for UVB, (when it's sunny, hasn't been for a couple days... :? )

Basking bulb is a 75w house bulb.. I'm looking for the box, but I think it was incandescent, I don't know.

Not sure what the temps are... I forgot to tell my mom to get a thermometer with a probe when we got him and all the times we've gone for crickets... I'll ask her when we can go for a visit, problem is... We're kind of in a tough spot and don't have much money to spare.

Is there anything I can do?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Get the 100% pumpkin that can be found in the baking section with pie crust. I use Libby's brand personally, but as long as it is plain pumpkin in a can it's good. Feed it to him every day along with baths that make him swim and slightly warmer water. All that should do the trick. Pumpkin is a life saver.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":3ewqubjv said:
Get the 100% pumpkin that can be found in the baking section with pie crust. I use Libby's brand personally, but as long as it is plain pumpkin in a can it's good. Feed it to him every day along with baths that make him swim and slightly warmer water. All that should do the trick. Pumpkin is a life saver.
Ok thanks! :D I'll give him a warmer bath today and I think we have some 100% pumpkin, I just don't know the date of it... And by baths that will make him swim does that mean a bit deeper? (Probably asking an obvious question here. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. :) )

Mustashio

Juvie Member
I second the pumpkin and the baths! Works like a charm!! Baths should be filled up to their shoulders. Mine hated baths until I got a clear plastic bin and then he loved them! Maybe a claustrophobic beardie? :p
Here is a picture of him in the bath when he was younger.

Having said that, temperature is a huge factor in helping your beardie metabolize maintain his appetite. There are probe thermometers at Walmart for $12 that are awesome! They are great because you can put the thermometer on the cool side and the probe on the basking spot and it will tell you the 2 temperatures on one display. Also tells you the humidity which is a bonus! Here is a link...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acu-Rite-Indoor-Outdoor-Thermometer/896347

Hope this (and the baths and the pumpkin) helps!!

Mustashio

Juvie Member
I second the pumpkin and the baths! Works like a charm!! Baths should be filled up to their shoulders. Mine hated baths until I got a clear plastic bin and then he loved them! Maybe a claustrophobic beardie? :p
Here is a picture of him in the bath when he was younger.

Having said that, temperature is a huge factor in helping your beardie metabolize maintain his appetite. There are probe thermometers at Walmart for $12 that are awesome! They are great because you can put the thermometer on the cool side and the probe on the basking spot and it will tell you the 2 temperatures on one display. Also tells you the humidity which is a bonus! Here is a link...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acu-Rite-Indoor-Outdoor-Thermometer/896347

Hope this (and the baths and the pumpkin) helps!!

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I usually when giving my dragons a bath I put it just below their shoulders, mainly because I'm afraid they might drown. :roll:

But thanks for the link! :D I forgot to check the cabinets for the 100% pumpkin and its 2 am so I got to go to sleep, but I'll check tomorrow, and of course a bath, I was too busy to do it earlier. :?

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
YAY! HE POOPED!!...In his greens... BUT WHATEVER! HE POOPED! :D :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: Thanks for the help everyone! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom