I think my little boy is a little girl :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

FJM

Hatchling Member
I met a friend i hadn't seen in a while at the local pet store just after i got Malys. He was there for the same reason i was...crickets for his beardie. Neither of us knew the other had one so we got into a big beardie conversation. I told him i wasn't sure about Malys's sex and he told me his was a male and about the glands on the inside of their thighs. Which was the first thing i did when i got home...checked for glands...and they were there!!! Malys was only about 4-5 months old at the time. The vet thought he was a male too.

THEN i read on here last week that females have them but they're not as prominent. OH NO! Malys's are not very obvious and he/she is now 11 months old. They're less obvious now then they were at 4-5 months.

I re-read the article on sexing and did the tail-lifting test ...1 bump! If he had two, it would be obvious, right???? (that's denial in me)

It's hard for me to think of Malys as a girl, he's been my little guy since March!!! I can't make the switch without knowing for sure. Luckily she has a unisex name.

Anyone know any other signs i can look for. S(he) doesn't beard much, has never head-bobbed. Has never done the wave, but does pat me with one arm when s(he)'s on my chest. I am confused and in denial :?

FJM

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Pics of the bump? I'll try...i live by myself and know it won't be easy to hold the tail up & take a pic simultaneously :lol: I'll see if i can get a friend to stop by & help

FJM

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Doh!

I keep going to back to that article on sexing your BD's and it's definitely a female bump...looks just like the one in the 'female' picture. I guess i can't deny it anymore...it's just such a big adjustment.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
What's wrong with female bearded dragon? My is still very big eventhough she's a girl. she's way bigger than the male I saw in the pet store that I went to with my friend.

FJM

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh no, i didn't mean there's anything wrong with being a female beardie! I was just so sure that she was a boy and now I have to start calling her a "she" after calling her a "he" for 9 months. It's not an easy adjustment. It doesn't matter to me if she's a girl or boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom