I think my dragon's eye is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdrk797

I don't know exactly what happened, but I saw my BD running from our cat. Naturally he was a little shaken, but he's fine except for his eye. Every since this happened last night, he won't open one of his eyes. I'm worried and feel very bad about the whole situation.

Kaiser

Juvie Member
I would try taking him to a qualified herp vet. I can't really think of anything else other than an injury, unless it's an issue with your enclosure's lighting or loose substrate that might have gotten into his eye. Could I ask what type and brand of UVB bulb are you using, as well as the substrate used in your enclosure? If both of those aren't the problem, it could very well be an injury, which you should probably have checked out by a vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, he should be taken to the vet snce this is an injury.
What type of substrate are you using, sand, tiles, paper towels?
Do you have a picture for us?

Tracie

pdrk797

Original Poster
I'm sorry for taking so long to answer. I took Rocky to the vet and she gave me some ointment. I now know that he can open his eye, but most times only when the ointment is being used. He didn't open it at the vet. I'll be taking him back in a week. His substrate is sand and we use Exo Terra UVA and UVB 150 watt lights. I'll work on a picture because he's a very handsome fellow!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good the eye seems to be improving for her. Please keep us posted on the progress. I hope thath the ointment takes care of the problem.
Are you sure that the sand is not irritating the eye further?

Tracie

pdrk797

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

We took Rocky for his follow up visit. The vet was able to see his eye and determined that there was a very small scratch. She said that she is sure that he can see out of it and prescribed an antibiotic for him. We're still going to use the ointment for the next couple of weeks. I can tell he eye is feeling better because he opens it more and he is more active, what a relief! Thanks everybody for your comments, they helped a lot.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh too bad little Rocky's eye was scratched! I know that couldn't have felt very good for him.
That is great the antibiotic eye ointment is helping him out! At least he is opening his eye more now & is more active. I am happy he is doing better now! :blob8:

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom