I think my beardie is sick, not sure what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBigGuy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well Lily is still not eating other than the baby food I give her every other day which is keeping her weight somewhat stable.

Any ideas what I should try from here? I've tried different bugs, adding blueberries to her greens and the vet I took her too really had no idea what could be wrong with her.

Thoughts?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is Lily basking or hiding mostly ? I was thinking maybe the lights were too intense [ you have 2 Arcadias ? ] or the basking spot too hot. Does she willingly eat the baby food ? Is she still drinking in the bath ?

GoBigGuy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's the crazy thing, she is still pretty active basking and moving around the cage. For the bulbs I have a double bulb fixture with Arcadia 12% and 6.5k day-light bulbs.

I'm feeding her the baby food with a syringe which she doesn't enjoy but she's not spitting up the food I give her, just hates the syringe.

AHBD":3v68mx4o said:
Is Lily basking or hiding mostly ? I was thinking maybe the lights were too intense [ you have 2 Arcadias ? ] or the basking spot too hot. Does she willingly eat the baby food ? Is she still drinking in the bath ?

GoBigGuy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've offered her roaches, crickets, wax worms, meal worms. She looks at them for a while when I put her by the bowl but then she just climbs back to her basking spot after a while. I let the crickets roam the cage to see if "the hunt" would make it more interesting to her but nothing.

AHBD":31zllabu said:
What were the last insects you offered her and did she show any interest at all ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
And nothing has changed [ her habitat, etc ] that coincided with her loss of appetite ? New items added to the tank or anything ?

And something to try....take a cricket or other insect , smash it until the guts come out the back end and rub it lightly on her snout. Sometimes that will get the appetite back.

GoBigGuy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nothing has changed in her cage at all but I'll try the smashing of bugs and see if that does anything

AHBD":1mc95ygd said:
And nothing has changed [ her habitat, etc ] that coincided with her loss of appetite ? New items added to the tank or anything ?

And something to try....take a cricket or other insect , smash it until the guts come out the back end and rub it lightly on her snout. Sometimes that will get the appetite back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom