I think he might like his new home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Oscar, the 4 year old beardie who came to me a week ago, must be feeling comfortable in his new home. Everyday about 3 hours after I have fed him, he starts scratching at the glass wanting to come out. The last few days he would sit in my lap for a little bit and I'd put him back and he was satisfied. No more glass scratching. Today when he wanted to come out he decided to perch on my back behind my shoulder. But just out of reach kind of. I could only touch him with one fingertip. Occassionally I'd feel him switch positions, but he stayed on my back. After a while he seemed quiet so I went into my bedroom and looked at my back in the mirror. He was sleeping. I touched him with a finger to wake him and then tried to get him to climb from my back to the table his enclosure sits on since I couldn't really reach him. He refused. No one else is home so I'm like, ok I can't stay in the reptile room all day. So I got a small superworm and put it on the table. That did it. He dove for it. At which point I was able to get him back into his enclosure and get some things done. Apparently he must be happy and comfortable. :)

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
How sweet! Nothing is better than when they get comfortable enough to fall asleep on you.

lisa127

Original Poster
Yeah....when my husband brought this rescue beardie home a week ago the plan was to get him in top condition and then find him a home. I'm getting attached to him. And that's not good.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
But Oscar is attached now. You have to keep him mom! Oscar is trying to tell you he wants to stay there forever.

Our first beardie was my sons. He didn't want to share snuggle time so I went and got me one. His passed away so now he makes a point to get mine out to snuggle with. Of course I wanted one of my own so I got another one! We love our babies and their personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom