I think he is way to thin! PLEASE HELP ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
So my baby Sakari is just above 9 inches long but not at the half mark. He is only...30 grams!!! Is this healthy? I see all these beardies who are 12 inches and like 100 grams it makes me think he is very very underweight! He eats about 20-30 Large phoenix worms a day. Then I try and get him to eat veggies.
He has a UVB Arcadia full spectrum UVA UVB +D3 light and his temps are PERFECT. I just feel like he is WAY to small. :( It bothers me so bad like I get really stressed and I feel sick :puke: like he is starving that he should be like 50 grams or more by now...I know that growth is not something that is exactly the same for every BD but I just feel like he is to thin. I am not worried about length just weight. :cry:
He is a picture from just now I pulled him out of the cage and woke him up because I figured I needed good image.

These are form maybe 2 weeks ago he was about 8.5 inches and was 18 grams. So he is gaining fast but I just think he is to thin.

Rawbbeh

How old is he...that would be good to know.

If everything seems healthy like poops and your husbandry with temps and such as it appears...I would be relieved that your beardie is healthy.

Also...are you feeding any salad? Mustard greens, collard greens, butternut squash, kale...veggies like these are also vital to your animals health...not just all protein via bugs n grubs.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He was born July 2nd so that would make him 3 months old as of this past Wednesday (14weeks).
He poo's everyday. I bath him 3 times a week.
His hot side is 88-93 (depends on the temp in my room) and cool side is 78-80 (depends on the temp in my room) His basking spot runs about 104-107 (depends on the temp in my room which makes it hotter or cooler in the cage hence the variation in temps)
He gets greens everyday he doesn't eat much of them. I put dandelion greens in, 2 times a week with green pepper. 2 days a week just the dandelion greens and 3 times a week I put romaine lettuce and carrots in the dandelion greens with multivitamins. Sometimes I give him peas mashed up but that's every now and then not something I do regularly.
I do not give him fruit however. I don't have allot of it and he hasn't eaten anything I have tried... grapes, apple (skinned and without seeds) and strawberry's.
I also tried to give him tomatoes he hated them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The amount of food looks good, for now. You could also add some small roaches or crickets, too for more food & protein.
He looks good, very cute. Even though the phoenix worms are calcium loaded, maybe give calcium a few times a week to be sure he is getting enough calcium. The diet looks great so plenty of variety there for him.
They all grow at various rates. Sakari looks healthy & will most likely begin to fill out soon. They tend to grow in length first before starting to fill out.

Tracie

Rawbbeh

Drache613":23kzchjq said:
Hello,

The amount of food looks good, for now. You could also add some small roaches or crickets, too for more food & protein.
He looks good, very cute. Even though the phoenix worms are calcium loaded, maybe give calcium a few times a week to be sure he is getting enough calcium. The diet looks great so plenty of variety there for him.
They all grow at various rates. Sakari looks healthy & will most likely begin to fill out soon. They tend to grow in length first before starting to fill out.

Tracie

+1

Beardies will grow long first. Then you'll notice their heads go from a round ball and broaden out into a triangle. That's when you'll notice them start to get big and chunky. Yours is still a widdle baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom