I think Allie is dying. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
sorry for your lost hey i mean the best thing you can think about is that she not suffering that may not be what you want to hear and sorry if it isnt but that is how i would look at it :.....(

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Zoeymybeardie":2luiubt0 said:
sorry for your lost hey i mean the best thing you can think about is that she not suffering that may not be what you want to hear and sorry if it isnt but that is how i would look at it :.....(
Thanks. And yeah, that's how we're looking at it. She's been having a hell of a time....now she can rest.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Steve,

OH I am so sorry that Allie passed away. You did everything that you could do, she has been ill for awhile now. It never makes it easy though when you think you are ready, you aren't. She will be dearly missed. :cry:
We are all here for you.

Tracie

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Hey and yeah you did try everything you can and you know that it wasn't your fault they didn't build a reptile vet by where you live I think every city or town should have one just like pet stores shouldn't be aloud to sell reptiles they can't even take care or now there info besides like professional reptile stores like pet land and them are phatetic some breeder have to take care of 200 of them at once if I had money and a job I would take the one from a pet store they have an adult about 18 inchs in a 20x12 lxw like that shouldn't be aloud I wish I could get a job and all he had was a flat rock in there

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
thank you all for the kind words, we buried allie this afternoon in a field behind the park by our house, she is under a tree surrounded by plants. its a very nice spot. the whole day has been very taxing for me and achi. i know it may sound odd, but i think azrael is in mourning over her death. he seems distrought that shes gone. i feel bad for him. we tried to explain to the kids what happened, but you know, young children, i don't think they understand. thank you all again for all the guidance and kind words. we loved her very much, we will post in the memorial section later if you wanna see her grave site. we are just trying to remember the good times when she was healthy.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
thank you all for the kind words, we buried allie this afternoon in a field behind the park by our house, she is under a tree surrounded by plants. its a very nice spot. the whole day has been very taxing for me and achi. i know it may sound odd, but i think azrael is in mourning over her death. he seems distrought that shes gone. i feel bad for him. we tried to explain to the kids what happened, but you know, young children, i don't think they understand. thank you all again for all the guidance and kind words. we loved her very much, we will post in the memorial section later if you wanna see her grave site. we are just trying to remember the good times when she was healthy.

evanescent

Juvie Member
I'm so sorry.. at least she's at peace now and doesn't have to worry about the constant pain of fighting a disease like that..
May I ask if she was euthanized or died in her viv?

Remembering the good times is the best;
a funeral should be a celebration of the person/animal's life, not a sad event about their death..
as tragic as the end is, that wasn't the 'main' part of their story..only the end.
she had a good life, and was/is loved.. i'm sure she knew that. You guys did everything you could.
RIP, sweet baby.. you will be missed</3

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
evanescent":xwavhu5s said:
I'm so sorry.. at least she's at peace now and doesn't have to worry about the constant pain of fighting a disease like that..
May I ask if she was euthanized or died in her viv?

Remembering the good times is the best;
a funeral should be a celebration of the person/animal's life, not a sad event about their death..
as tragic as the end is, that wasn't the 'main' part of their story..only the end.
she had a good life, and was/is loved.. i'm sure she knew that. You guys did everything you could.
RIP, sweet baby.. you will be missed</3

she passed away in her sleep overnight, we woke up to turn the lights on and she was laying lifeless in the corner of her viv. we spent most of the day remembering the good times and how spunky she was. i try to focus on those things.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Well I want to say so much stuff to cheer u up But I just don't know what to say I still can't imagine how hard this is for u

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
So Sorry to hear about your Allie :( The resting place you describe sounds perfect. My thoughts are with you and your family tonight.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you everyone for all the kind words, thoughts, and prayers. Tonight was a pretty tough night for me at work, but it did get my mind off things when we got busy.
I'll post a few pics here to show you guys Allies "coffin" and burial spot....I just don't have the time or energy to post in the memorial thread tonight.

Allie's "coffin"
100_2694.jpg

Allie's "headstone" (we didn't write anything on it because we didn't want anyone trying to dig her up.)
100_2707.jpg

Allie's final resting place.
100_2708.jpg

I did take some pics of Allie herself, but I'm not going to post them on here.....I don't think people want to see that sort of thing.
Thank you all so very much for everything.

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
I'm so sorry to hear this news :( Allie was such a cutie and it's absolutely not fair she (and you guys) had to deal with this horrible disease. As someone who has lost a beardie to yellow fungus I can sympathize to what you all went through. Allie was lucky to have gotten so much love during her life. I'm glad you are able to remember good times with her and I hope those are bringing you both some comfort.
I'm sorry that Azrael is not feeling the best, but I think animals can pick up on your emotions, so he may be mourning along with you. I also think that they can sense when another animal passes away and even though they were not in the same cage I would not be surprised if he knew that Allie was gone and is saddened by this. Hopefully with some extra snuggles from you both he will be feeling better soon.
You picked a beautiful spot for her burial. I'm sure Allie would approve. She is up at Rainbow Bridge now meeting up with all the other beardies up there and frolicking :)
You are all in my thoughts right now.
Carrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom