I think Allie is dying. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
i dunno about "better" but shes not doing worse, she eats here and there. we were gonna get her some repta-aid but unforseen money troubles prohibit this. we are just playing ti day by day and hoping for the best.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I understand. I am sorry it has been such an uphill battle for Allie. :(
You are doing a phenomenal job & I don't think you could have done anything differently.
Let us know if you need anything & how she is doing.

Tracie

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":12q2y6vt said:
Hello,

I understand. I am sorry it has been such an uphill battle for Allie. :(
You are doing a phenomenal job & I don't think you could have done anything differently.
Let us know if you need anything & how she is doing.

Tracie
Thanks Tracie. I always feel like "maybe there's more I/we should be doing? Maybe we missed something", but I could never think of anything. Thank you for picking me up a little, so to say. She is a little bit more active, but only when she sees Azreal. We got her some Repta-aid and she's been taking it okay. As Steve said, due to unforeseen money issues, we haven't been able to get her any thing else really. Her weight dropped from 175g to 140g, but since the repti-aid and baby food, she's now up to 142g. It's a start.

I've been working days lately (my work schedule is random) and by the time I get home and settled in, it's already getting dark....so no pics as of yet. My camera takes really cruddy pics in bad lighting. As soon as I have a -day- off, I'll take some pics for you guys. Well, that's it for now...I'm gonna go to bed...a lot of stuff happened today and honestly I'm a bit depressed....night guys. Thanks so much for everything. <3

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's ok. I think you are doing great!
Just keep us posted on Allie. I hope that she is able to gain some weight back, poor girl.
If you need anything, just let us know.

Tracie

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Sending good thoughts to you and Allie!!
I've been there, so I can sympathize with what you are going through right now. Hope the other things start to look up as well.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys!

Well I have a bit of good news...but then something that worries me a bit.
Good news is, Allie is 147g as of tonight! So yay for that!
The thing that worries me is she "threw up"? At least that's what I think happened. I went to pick her up and stuff (looked like the repta-aid stuff) came out the sides of her mouth. :( Maybe I'm worrying too much. =/

Question though: Does anyone know where I can get one of those rubber feeding nipples that goes on the syringe? And how much/often are we suppose to be giving the repta-aid to her? It gave us a chart on how to mix it according to weight, but doesn't say anything about how often or if we are suppose to give all of it to her at one time or spread it out through out the day. =/

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Beardies can vomit. So it's possible that if she ate a "good amount" of the reptaid and isn't used to having much in her stomach she could have vomited from that. The other possibility is that they have large deep mouths and if she wasn't swallowing it well for some reason she may have had food sitting in the back of her mouth. They can also vomit if not feeling well, etc.
I"ve not fed the Reptaid products, but have used similar things (Oxbow Critical Care and Carnivore Care) which are powders mixed with water- When i've fed my dragons this in the past I've given between 3 and 8 ml (3-6 ml or cc was more typical). IF she hasn't been eating much at all I'd start with smaller amounts - maybe a couple times a day- and build up from there. For example feed 1-1.5 ml twice daily for a 4-5 days, and then do 2 ml twice daily and then 3-4 once daily, etc. And she may tolerate that better? It's hard to know exactly - the above would probably help if it is just related to having a small stomach from not eating well lately.
I'm happy she's up in weight some though ! Good luck !

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
NCSUCarrie":1cll2cba said:
Beardies can vomit. So it's possible that if she ate a "good amount" of the reptaid and isn't used to having much in her stomach she could have vomited from that. The other possibility is that they have large deep mouths and if she wasn't swallowing it well for some reason she may have had food sitting in the back of her mouth. They can also vomit if not feeling well, etc.
I"ve not fed the Reptaid products, but have used similar things (Oxbow Critical Care and Carnivore Care) which are powders mixed with water- When i've fed my dragons this in the past I've given between 3 and 8 ml (3-6 ml or cc was more typical). IF she hasn't been eating much at all I'd start with smaller amounts - maybe a couple times a day- and build up from there. For example feed 1-1.5 ml twice daily for a 4-5 days, and then do 2 ml twice daily and then 3-4 once daily, etc. And she may tolerate that better? It's hard to know exactly - the above would probably help if it is just related to having a small stomach from not eating well lately.
I'm happy she's up in weight some though ! Good luck !

Okay, maybe it's 'cause she ate so much this morning. She took the whole 5 ml. We couldn't get her to eat anything else the whole day, just that 5ml of repta-aid this morning. She hasn't really been eating at all in the past week or so, maybe a cricket or a dubia or a piece of salad every so often, but not really eating. We will try giving her less and see if she handles that better.
We are so happy that she is putting on some weight too! Even if it is still a little, it's better than nothing or losing. Thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great she ate a good amount this morning. At least she is gaining some weight now that should help her immune system out.
I would spread it out over a few feedings per day. That can help with digestion. The critical care is loaded so it may have been too much on her system.
The Reptaid is given daily for roughly a week to 10 days I believe. Is this Flukers or amber technology product?

Tracie

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay, we are mixing some up for her right now. We're going to do 2ml at breakfast, 2ml at lunch, and the last 2ml at dinner. I'll let you guys know how that goes over the next few days. She's still holding at 147g today. (that's before feeding her and after she poo'd) That is the one good thing, she's still pooing everyday. And it's not runny or anything, just a lot of urate (sp?), but I'm guessing that's 'cause she hasn't been really eating.

I have the day off today, but it figures that I have time off and it's overcast out so I can't take really good pics. >.< I will try my best though!

Oh and to answer your Question, it is the Flukers one. It's all they had at Petsmart.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I did managed to get some pics, although they are not very good....but here they are!

Poor baby is only 146g
100_2658.jpg

This is all she does all day, everyday. :cry:
100_2654.jpg

Her tail is getting worse. :(
100_2655.jpg

The tip of her tail fell off.
100_2656.jpg

The darker patches on her look darker IRL.
100_2657.jpg

This is the best pic of her tail I could get for now. The darkest spots are raised like worts or something.
100_2659.jpg

Her nail started twisting like this the other day and now it looks like this. There's a bit of blood under the skin where the nail connects to the toe.
100_2669.jpg

Awww poor baby~
100_2667.jpg

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Poor, poor Allie. I wish I could give her a hug. Hang in there! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Oh the poor, poor baby.
I'm not trying to be harsh but the reality is that Allie NEEDS a vet asap! I'm sorry but, if you cannot afford it then you seriously need to try to find someone who can get her the care that she needs.
She is obviously suffering :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I do think at this point, you should consider an oral anti-fungal in combination with the topical treatment too. When the fungus reaches that magnitude, it is manifesting from internal to external so it needs to be treated internally now.
You can stay with the Repta aid it is a great product. How is her appetite today?
Poor girl, she does look uncomfortable though. :( I am glad to hear her weight is stable right now.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom