I now have a pair of Beardies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbauer65

Hi all,
I just wanted to let you all know I picked up an adult pair of Beardies this past Saturday. The Male is about 18-19" long and the Female is maybe a tad shorter. I haven't weighed them yet. Both in their seperate 2'x2'x4' enclosures. I Haven't given them names yet but I'm working on it.

The Male is proud & curious and seldom hides although he mostly stays at the far end of the
enclosure (away from me). He eats his Protein like a champ but very little veggies which concerns
me somewhat.

The Female is very shy and stays hidden ALL the time. She'll eat her Protein (but not as much) if they enter her hiding place or if I remove her hiding place she'll go after them if I'm not in the room. She eats a little veggies as well. I'm trying to be patient and not remove her hiding place hoping she'll come around eventually. Both poop fine after eating.

Anyway, they're pretty cool. Have no idea what "blend" they are but I don't think they're any special kind. The Male does have more red on his head. I was told they are both about 2 1/2 years old.

Here's a photo of each:
http://s196.photobucket.com/user/jbauer49/embed/slideshow/Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom