I NEED HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskyjewel04

I HAVE HAD MY BEARDED DRAGON FOR 7 YEARS AND HIS HEALTH IS JUST GETTING WORSE. HE CAN NO LONGER USE HIS BACK LEGS. HE ALSO DEVELOPED A GROWTH UNDER HIS EYE. IT HAS NOW BEEN A WEEK SINCE HE HAS EATEN ANYTHING. I KNOW THE TIME HAS COME TO RELIEVE ANY PAIN THAT HE HAS BUT ITS SUCH A HARD DECISION TO MAKE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD HORRIBLE STORIES OF HOW THE EUTHANIZING PROCESS IS GOING TO BE. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS IS DONE BY A VET?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Im sorry about the decline of your dear friend.
I have been in a similar situation where I had to make the choice to put my dear girl to sleep.
I was with her when she passed and she was peaceful.
I cannot explain to you the medical technicalities of what happens but I can tell you from my experience that it felt like the right thing to do.
If you call your vets he will talk you through what will happen.

Sorry for your poor dragon.

Holly

1happymommy

Juvie Member
I agree it should be very peaceful. It's just a small injection and they fall asleep.
I'm so sorry to hear he's not doing well. This is the hardest part of owning pets. It sounds like you were a good beardie slave to have a dragon at 7yrs. You could try the vet maybe he just needs a check up and some meds.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

I too am sorry to hear about your beardie not doing well. Have you taken him to a vet? It may not neccesarily be his time to go. Please take him in to see if there is anything that can be done.
Good Luck and let us know how your boy is doing.
My thoughts are with you,

Dawn

duskyjewel04

Original Poster
I HAVE HAD HIM TO THE VET. IVE DONE EVERYTHING THAT I CAN DO FOR HIM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSES. IT HAS HELPED ME MAKE MY DECESION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom