I know you guys didn't take me to raise.....,

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
but I'm unsure about something. In another thread regarding fixtures for the reptisun 10.0 a few have mentioned their uvb lights are mounted on the inside. Is this possible to do if you have a glass tank? One, Jiffy, I know has a wooden enclosure so I can see how that would be mounted.

Here's my situation. We brought home a new baby on Thursday. She went into Vijah's "baby tank"; a 20 gallon long. I had bought Vijah the 36" reptisun 10.0 and the 36" Flukers fixture at that time. It hung over the sides a bit since the tank is 30", but saved me from having to buy a larger fixture for when he moved into the larger tank (which happened last weekend!) I'm having a tad difficulty finding the fixture this time around for the baby tank. I did find one, but it has an odd "warning" on it I'm trying to decide if it applies to our situation. Others have said you can go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy a fixture there. Seems though that can't sit on top of the screen like the flukers fixture can. SOooooo, all that to wonder if you can somehow mount a fixture in a glass tank?

Thank you!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
In Fosters house, it has a mesh (wire type) top. Butch actually put the fixture on top of the wire, but cut 2 holes in the mesh, one at each end of the bulb. That way he stuck the ends of the fixture down thru the mesh and then put the bulb in. So The fixture is on top of the mesh, but the bulb is underneath, with only 2 small holes in the mesh. If that makes no sense, let me know and I will see if I can get a picture and send it to you. (since we do have to raise you and all :wink: :lol: )

LQDragons

Juvie Member
atatch small "jack" chain to fixture
DSC_0047-2.jpg

drill small holes in plastic
DSC_0049-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom