I know that sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately when I have been eating in my room I've noticed my Roran gets really interested in me. Yesterday my boyfriend was trying to figure it out and realized every time the spoon hit the bowl Roran perked up. Later I fed him crickets with the tongs and guess what? The same sound as the spoon! He hears metal hitting something and thinks, dinner time! :idea: I have a smart little buddy!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What a smart beardie you have there! It's amazing how keen his hearing is.
Yeah, guess you'll have to start using plasticwear :lol:

acgordon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is very sensitive to sound. When someone shuts the car door outside he turns his head towards the sound and goes to the end of the tank to investigate. He sits and watches the TV with me, looks at me if I laugh like I've bothered him and then turns his head back to the TV!

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
he must be Pavlov's beardie. :D Nice that he perks up instead of drooling like a dog when he gets excited about food. The term for it is "conditioned response" or as you said he associates the sound of metal with food. So if anyone says your lizard is not smart you can say, hey he is at least as smart as a dog. If you started doing something like singing or dancing every time before you fed him he would start to associate that with food as well and that would make a fun video! Yes, someone should do something really imaginative ( too late for my brain) when feeding their beardie and video it.

Theresa20

Hatchling Member
That's so cute! My guy knows the sound of the plastic bag shaking up the crickets. He hears it and runs towards the door with his tongue hanging out, when I open it up he tries to lick the bag!!

acgordon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha, yea Roran knows where the crickets are kept (under his tank). He gets up the the glass and looks down at me while I am dusting them. He is just so impatient!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom