I knew it! She was pregnant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vxironwoman

Well, as most of you know I acquired my 2 BD's not too long ago. One male, one female. She always looked rather pudgy to me, so once we were all settled in I made her a laybox. I put her in there every now and then but she will just sit there bored or trying to escape. It has been weeks, if not months that I have been doing this. For the past couple days, her eating habits were kicked to the curb and today I had a strange feeling. So I put her in the laybox and boom!!! Instantly she would Dig dig dig dig dig... peek head out and dig some more!!! And when I say dig I mean burrow, burried, never to see the light of day again... Digging her way to China. All I could see was substrate shift every now and again. That how I knew she was still alive. I came home from work tonight and EGGS! 21 of them! But now what do I do? I have only delt with males in the past... I never had this issue.

I made certain the substrate is moist and the environment is around 85F. I have the eggs half exposed horizantally in the box. Am I doing this right? Is there a way to tell if they are fertile or not this early? I will take all the help I can get.

Are they in an incubator? The first thing to do is make sure that the embryo is on top and make sure not to turn them. I candle mine and make sure that the little clear circle is on top. I mark the top of my eggs just to make sure that they are never turned. You need to have the temp and humidity at stable levels. The temp can be between 80 & 86, but I stay around 83. Humidity can be anywhere from 70%-90%. After you have all of that, it's pretty much a waiting game. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom