I have dubia babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilist

Hatchling Member
I got 80 adults, 45 females and 35 males, on March 16th and of yesterday I noticed at least 20 babies. I haven't gone looking for more since I don't want to disturb them too much. I know it will take some time before I actually get a cycle going but I wanted to let people know it works. Hope this helps anyone that has been doubting or on the fence about starting a dubia colony.

Nihilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
syoung27":38v1tptk said:
Jealous.
I can't even get 1 in Canada.
Bylawed :(
Sorry to hear that, I am amazed that I haven't messed my colonies up and killed them all yet.

mommacude

Hatchling Member
Yesterday I was checking my tub for water and food and was so excited to see a female with an egg sac. I have had some babies but I'm still just getting started. Who ever thought I'd get this excited over a roach having babies? I have never been creeped out by any bugs other than roaches. I even find spiders interesting. But I had to overcome some creepy crawly feelings to be able to do this.

I took a picture of momma. :blob8: :) I was going to add it here but I can't seem to figure out how.

Nihilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
mommacude":197g0syt said:
Yesterday I was checking my tub for water and food and was so excited to see a female with an egg sac. I have had some babies but I'm still just getting started. Who ever thought I'd get this excited over a roach having babies? I have never been creeped out by any bugs other than roaches. I even find spiders interesting. But I had to overcome some creepy crawly feelings to be able to do this.

I took a picture of momma. :blob8: :) I was going to add it here but I can't seem to figure out how.
go to https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
upload an image and then click on it. it will give you a few options to copy and paste into you comments area

mommacude

Hatchling Member
Rampagingraptor":zuzhjnx8 said:
Nihilist":zuzhjnx8 said:
go to https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
upload an image and then click on it. it will give you a few options to copy and paste into you comments area
Faster way is to just press the XIMG button when you go to make a post.

Thanks. I was on my ipad at the time and it wasn't working for some reason. I've seen I think two more with the egg sacs this week. I think they're different ones anyway. How long do they walk around with the eggs showing like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom