I have an enclosure/UVB question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelphos

I built my bearded dragon a tank, had a second floor but it was too close to him so i just cut it out, im gonna need to patch some things up but I had to do it because my friend is coming up this weekend and I'm gonna be away alot, I won't be home at all till Sunday, only to come home and feed him and leave again, and didn't want to have to worry about it hurting his eyes because I had that problem before with the powersun uvb bulb and I noticed he was starting to close his eye again when I had the second floor in, I waited till now to cut it out because I've took him out an hour + everyday for uvb and heat and have took him everywhere with me so he's been outside alot, it's been 90+ degrees out, but my tank is 24 inches high, 46 1/2 long, im attaching a picture, i have a reptisun 10.0 36 inch bulb in there and 2 bulbs for heat, I have the reptisun terrarium hood with the reflector, I was wondering if he will know to go up the stairs to get close to the UVB for now until I get one of those grapevine jungle gyms for him to climb on to get close? I'm going to PETCO friday to get one, if they don't have one I'll have to order one, I don't want to have to stress about him the whole time I'm gone...I was just wondering if it will be ok and if he will know to go up there? He's the first one I've ever had so I don't know much, like I said I just don't want to have to stress about it, any tips would be great or ideas how he can get close to the UVB since the tank is 24 inches high, will he be ok? thanks for any replies, lowers my stress level :/

jal7p2.jpg

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
your dragon will go to the brightest warmest spot to bask. they know where the heat is. so if your brightest warmest spot is up there then yes he will go there. your post was kind of hard to understand lol hope this helps :)

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
As long as the basking spot is within about 10 inches of the Reptisun 10, he should be fine. They soak up most of their UVB while basking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom