I hate pet stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyT

Juvie Member
I am now disgusted with my local pet store. First off, a few weeks ago, they got a sub adult beardie, he looked fine (except for the calci sand staining him, which they promptly changed to wood chips). He's getting skinnier. Now today I go in, and they have another subadult, obvious MBD in his back, in a 20 gallon long with crickets walking all over him. And they have 3 BABIES, as in less than 6 weeks, in a little 8 by 4" cricket keeper. This is INSIDE a snake's enclosure. Not only do they not have any heat or light, but they are probably constantly in fear of the snake(not to mention this is like teasing the snake). They are on wood chips with a little water bowl. That's it. I am so disgusted. Next time I'm in there I'm going to complain and ask them to move them. I'm hoping that they are still alive by that time, but I know that at least one of their dragons will have died by the next time I'm in there. Both because of the lousy enclosures and the fact that they're barely being fed. They have the nerve to sell these sickly "colored bearded dragons" (one of which is jet black) for 70$. Nobody is going to buy them and they'll die before anyone can help. Need more Dubia so I don't have to keep going there. Just thought I'd share today's atrocity in a pet store.

Andy

jennixpxp

Hatchling Member
wow thats horrible. my local petstore has about 6 or 7 babys in a 10 gal. i mean only that i can see anyway :/ i want to buy them sooooo bad. but im unemployed... and there selling them for 100 dollars! its rediculous!!!!!!!!!!! ): i bout my girl for that price. butshe was 15" in a 10 gal tank.... so i couldnt help myself :/ i hateeeee petstores sometimes!!!

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah I might. Next time I'm here I'll see if the reptile lady is there. Maybe I could convince her to move them.

I hate to tell you, but pet stores really don't care what the heck happens to their pets as long as they make a profit. I was close to telling a petland employee to burn in h*** Wednesday. Kinda amusing. :roll:

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I know this fact well... it just shouldn't be that way, though. You should've said it. But then s/he may have used their trainee powers to kick you out. Lol. I just thought that this store was a bit different, since I've been going there for years. It was obviously bad this whole time ,but I'm just now accepting it. I wish I could rescue all the dragons there, and the 2 nice deteriorating leopard geckos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom