I got duped!

I am changing Ruby's name to Garfield!
He doesn't like me, she is a he, and now he's orange. What in the world?

Okay the first part is a lie!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You still love him 😄😄 anyways.
He will eventually bond with you, then he will be needy and you'll be wishing for these days back lmao 🤣

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Oh my! Have any pics? I’d love to see a comparison
yes, click my profile and see earlier posts of Ruby. Just think of the sun, Garfield- orange. NOT RED- lol
I promise you he was red when I purchased him or was I buying him with pure love? Get it? LOL

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
yes, click my profile and see earlier posts of Ruby. Just think of the sun, Garfield- orange. NOT RED- lol
I promise you he was red when I purchased him or was I buying him with pure love? Get it? LOL
Haha- believe it or not Leo was brownish red when I got him… and now he’s orange and yellow!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Two of mine was like that, Ruby and Snicker Doodles were both red at the pet store. Snickers was so red i didn't think there would be any orange at all.
I think the red is an indicator of extreme stress, both of my girls were orange within the first day of coming home. I think all the people buzzing around and looking at them and stuff really stressed them out. Ruby clung to Christina for dear life all the way home, she ate like she had never had food and was bright orange within a few minutes of getting in her basking spot.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Two of mine was like that, Ruby and Snicker Doodles were both red at the pet store. Snickers was so red i didn't think there would be any orange at all.
I think the red is an indicator of extreme stress, both of my girls were orange within the first day of coming home. I think all the people buzzing around and looking at them and stuff really stressed them out. Ruby clung to Christina for dear life all the way home, she ate like she had never had food and was bright orange within a few minutes of getting in her basking spot.
This makes total sense. WOW I didnt think of that. So this is why I AM RED these days. Well, fortunately he's living a stress free life. He and his brother just interacted again. Both were calm. One was still in the enclosure (Ruby)- Rocky was in my arms.
Ruby actually ran to the door- Ruby is sneaky, well so is Rocky- I dont trust them. They are probably telling each other telepathically, "Let's act like we are fine so we can harm each other."
Not on my watch!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sounds like you've got their tricks figured out 😏 my two boys are kindda like that too. They are calm then all the sudden they are moving with explosive speed. Sinatra isn't to bad, but Zen, I have to watch him like a hawk.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Sounds like you've got their tricks figured out 😏 my two boys are kindda like that too. They are calm then all the sudden they are moving with explosive speed. Sinatra isn't to bad, but Zen, I have to watch him like a hawk.
There's a video I think it's coming out tomorrow where I mention this.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So my family saw the video and totally didn't help. They said, "Yeah, he's orange." I said, "And guess who will never meet Ruby!" LOL
I am sitting here watching Ruby beg for bugs but he's on a greens and veggie kick today. If he could kick me, he totally would. He thinks that I don't understand his wants but he doesn't understand his needs. I know I read somewhere that their bodies need to wake up- wow, he just shut his eye on me, lol- okay, not wake up but bask a little before they eat. Ruby wakes up and runs to the food dish. Ridiculous.
I just said, "Hi"- he closed his eye again...oh he's mad MAD (no black beard).

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Very aloof that one lol.
If you want to see him kick, tickle his back legs were they meet the body (on the back side) mine kick me every time i do that. It's hysterical 🤣

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Oh you think I am crazy CRAZY....I am just crazy.
I think Ruby is going to open his mouth and get me like a snapping turtle. I don't trust him yet.
I do but I don't.
Tickle his back legs...HA!!!
I touch it and he's so dramatic...he holds his leg in the air afterwards. It's in this video:

Go to min 4:34

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Oh you think I am crazy CRAZY....I am just crazy.
I think Ruby is going to open his mouth and get me like a snapping turtle. I don't trust him yet.
I do but I don't.
Tickle his back legs...HA!!!
I touch it and he's so dramatic...he holds his leg in the air afterwards. It's in this video:

Go to min 4:34
He is so funny, gonna be a little ham 🤣

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom