I got a new baby and I have concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

beth1213

I just got a new baby at a reptile show. Im a little concerned I have had him for over a week and he still will only eat 10-15 small crickets a day. He nibbles on his salad too.
Hes 4.5 weeks. 6 inches. The basking temp is 109. cool side is 80. Im also using the Raptisun 10.0.
Question? Is he supposed to be eating more than this? The only way he really eats is if I pull the legs off, he doesnt seem to want to chase them at all. Personally I think maybe he was sold to young. I should of done my research
thanks

Reapix

Hatchling Member
theres nothing wrong that i can see, its still a baby, mine eats about 15-18 little crickets a day and its slighty older and larger than urs. good temps. good light. Nibbling on salad? idk bout that other then it just doesnt seem to want it, which is fine most juvs arent always that into their greens yet :p

beth1213

Original Poster
I guess reading some of the bearded dragon breeders sites they say a baby can eat up to 100. Just want to make sure hes doing okay thanks

peera

Sub-Adult Member
He will eat as much as he needs to, getting used to the new environment can take some time. However, what you've been reading is totally accurate, and most young dragons will eat 50-100 crickets a day during the first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom