I got a headbop!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

Juvie Member
I am so happy.. I wake up my lizards around 11.00-11.30. I took a nap, I heard a russle, looked up. Monty had walked over to his basking area..
I close my eyes, but since I napped 20 minutes already I felt refreshed.. all of a sudden when I peek at him, I see him from my pillow I see he's puffing out his little beard and goes Bop bop for himself.. just randomly.. When he realises I am seeing him, he stops and tilts his head.. I guess he wants his bath.. He's peeking at me from the door now, probably wondering why the bath is not set up yet..

I have to say, he really gotta feel better if he starts bopping his head *lol*

Im so happy with him, I got so lucky with this one. What an awesome personality!

Monkey

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OMG OMG OMG!! He walked over to his salads bowl and he started eating on his own.. I got a little video of it, lord was he suspicous of wht I was doing..

His owner surrendered him to me Sunday cause she couldnt get him to eat, she loved him so much but there was a lot of stress for her and him. He's on the thin side and he does not like veggies and he walked over and ate his salad like a good boy!! I am SO thrilled over the moon!

Ok Blond moment, HE walked over... not I!!

*edit*

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
That's fantastic! Gives me hope for my rescue. She only eats a little bit of babyfood each day. I have ordered dubias in the hopes they will spark her interest.

Monkey

Juvie Member
Original Poster
its usualy not the food doing the issue of not eating but something underneith that you have to find out what it is..
Have you a post somewhere about her set up and such? I had to do some changes here like, not allowing him to hide whenever he felt for. cause he had created a bad circle for himself... I forced him to stay in the UVB and the heat light, and it paid off..

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
yup gone through all that. set up is spot on. I started a course of reptaid a few days ago so we shall see how it goes. She is about 2yrs old (I think) maybe a bit older so she may just be slowing down for the winter. Its so hard to tell this time of year. Her poops look and smell healthy (I am obsessed with poops) and she is starting to doze during the day a bit more. When I take her out she is happy enough. I am just a bit worried if she brumates because she is skinny and I am not sure how she will cope not eating :(

Monkey

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ahh I see what you are saying, yeah my girl is semibrumating.. Some days less some days more, today she's more, half asleep, don't wanna come out, don't want to have her bath, Don't want to eat her salad.. yesterday when the weather was nicer she was normal.. and I know she's healthy.. just a tad pudgy *lol*

Oh and he had his second poop today, first one was Monday, so that is not bad at all for a beardie who hasn't been eating much. The urate looked good, the poop a tad runny but that's my fault. Too much protein too soon.. He downed another 25 crickets, he wanted more but I wouldn't let him. He's going have to satisfy with salad and baby food for now till his poop stabilises. Oh and I found worms in it.. I took a picture of them, yes I was nasty enough to pick the worms out of the sink so I could photograf them to show you guys. I think you can relate to poop obsession DoubleJ

and I cant resist, MORE pictures :D

First the video, look how suspicious he is of the camera, he is SO aware..

Now for his posing, he is SUCH a ham, I swear to God!!
001-29.jpg

002-22.jpg

004-21.jpg

005-23.jpg

006-28.jpg

Getting a tiny tummy :)
007-32.jpg

009-25.jpg

This is how he was sleeping this morning, seriously, can you tell he's a guy?
010-19.jpg

beard and boping!
012-24.jpg

016-17.jpg

017-19.jpg

He's getting the beardie butt I love so much..
019-16.jpg

020-15.jpg

Posing after poop and bath!

022-17.jpg

024-16.jpg

After eating his crickets, don't he look happy?
030-9.jpg

032-13.jpg

and this was sunday for comparasion..
079-5.jpg

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Monkey, your comments about brumating have set my mind at ease a lot. I didn't realise some days they are more active than others. I can't believe how much I keep learning on here :)

Oh and your little one is a total poser! He is so adorable. Love the shots where he is looking over his shoulder at you. It's like he's saying "Yeah, look at this, who's got it? I got it!" :mrgreen:

Monkey

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So he's officially 380 g. I weighed him a moment ago. On the two weightcharts from the vet he weighs 338 and 357 on each of them.
I would guess that he might have gained 30 or 40 g the last 5 days or so. I will weigh him again in a few days :)

Samajade

Soooo thrilled to read how well he's doing - and that he's EATING! God... can't tell you how happy that makes me! (BTW... replied to your other threads as well.)

Giving him up was a sickeningly difficult decision - one I agonized over a LOT - so to see how fantastic he's doing with you makes it a bit easier because I know I made the right decision for him.
So he's officially 380 g. I weighed him a moment ago. On the two weightcharts from the vet he weighs 338 and 357 on each of them.
I would guess that he might have gained 30 or 40 g the last 5 days or so.
Just one thing - those weights were from when I first got him in June. The lower weight was 1 week after I got him, the 357 was 10 days later. I then changed vets and when I saw the new vet, I believe he was in the 370s or 380s. I'm quite sure he lost a lot of that weight, so you're probably right about a bunch of weight going on since he's been with you. But, just wanted to let you know that those lower weights were from the very beginning. (Though, I suspect he was near or perhaps even under that when you picked him up Sunday.) :(

But... ohhhhhh am I so thrilled to death to see that boy eating and happy with you! Thank you SO much...

Monkey

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No that I figured out, BUT I remember you telling me that this was about the skinniest he has been since you got him so I figured the weight was about the same range as the one at the vets.. You said that when we picked him up.. so that was the math I did.. I am glad you feeling better about it. I was nuts the first three months when my pittie moved and heartbroken. But she has a life now I could never give her with her DA, she can run free with her own family instead of always having to be in a yard, on the leash, never really run run run as a pittie should. I just feel so sorry for you though cause I know how much it hurt me..
*HUGGLES*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom