I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Those will work :) Just monitor the temps, 100w might bring them up a little too high, I use a 60 watt and the temp stays at ~110F

Msbeth1990

Original Poster
kjinxx2":t055af94 said:
Those will work :) Just monitor the temps, 100w might bring them up a little too high, I use a 60 watt and the temp stays at ~110F

Thanks! I'll try it now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today, he opened his eyes a little?
You can be the judge as to when to turn a UVB light on. I would wait at least 2 weeks before turning another UVB light on to be sure his eyes are healed up.
The basking bulb that you mentioned, the household light, will be fine! The red light as well as the blue light can be seen by them & it will disturb them at night. If you need heating at night, you can use the heating pad or a ceramic heat emitter. During the day, he needs the bright white basking light along with the Reptisun 10 tube bulb. It needs to be mounted directly beside the UVB light to create a nice basking area where he can stay warm & get UVB when he wants.

Tracie

Msbeth1990

Original Poster
Drache613":12zjucn0 said:
Hello,

How is he doing today, he opened his eyes a little?
You can be the judge as to when to turn a UVB light on. I would wait at least 2 weeks before turning another UVB light on to be sure his eyes are healed up.
The basking bulb that you mentioned, the household light, will be fine! The red light as well as the blue light can be seen by them & it will disturb them at night. If you need heating at night, you can use the heating pad or a ceramic heat emitter. During the day, he needs the bright white basking light along with the Reptisun 10 tube bulb. It needs to be mounted directly beside the UVB light to create a nice basking area where he can stay warm & get UVB when he wants.

Tracie

He was moving a lot for about an hour with both eyes open the entire time. Now he's back to closed eyes and just laying there in his new lighting. I think he may have pooped himself out. I gave him a nice bath and let him soak for about 20 minutes. He's much more puffy now! :mrgreen:

When he starts eating on his own again, how to I get him to eat veggies? Should I continue with the herbal version until he starts?

EDIT: It's been a few hours later since I wrote the above. he's not moved once since I wrote it and has only opened his eyes once. :?:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing this evening?
Yes, if he is not eating much, continue to assist feed him so he gets some nutrition.
His eyes are starting to look better now? It just takes time for them to heal up. I hope they are feeling better for him.
Keep us posted on him.
Did you get a new light ordered for him?
Getting him to eat veggies is tricky! You can try to mix some small worms, like phoenix worms, in with his greens & veggies & that may help entice him, or a few small pieces of fruit.

Tracie

Msbeth1990

Original Poster
Drache613":xyeuhebo said:
Hello,

How is he doing this evening?
Yes, if he is not eating much, continue to assist feed him so he gets some nutrition.
His eyes are starting to look better now? It just takes time for them to heal up. I hope they are feeling better for him.
Keep us posted on him.
Did you get a new light ordered for him?
Getting him to eat veggies is tricky! You can try to mix some small worms, like phoenix worms, in with his greens & veggies & that may help entice him, or a few small pieces of fruit.

Tracie

I get paid tomorrow. I figured I'd order it then. Seeing as his eyes need more time to heal it seemed indifferent whether I ordered it now or in a day or so. He's opening them more but he still seems weak and tired. They're closed more then not. I've not seen him eat on his own yet. He had one mealy for me but....it's better then nothing I guess. His eyes look a little brighter but not a terribly noticeable improvement yet. He's moving around the tank much more. At night and on the evening's he's as still as he was when he was unable to open his eyes.

EDIT: A bill got waved, RepSun 10 ordered!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope he is doing better this evening. Is he opening his eyes more now or becoming a little more active?
That is great you were able to order the Reptisun 10 then. Now you will have it when he is ready.
Has he eaten anything for you today? If not, just feed some baby food until his appetite starts to improve again.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Msbeth1990

Original Poster
Drache613":b7ge0es7 said:
Hello,

I hope he is doing better this evening. Is he opening his eyes more now or becoming a little more active?
That is great you were able to order the Reptisun 10 then. Now you will have it when he is ready.
Has he eaten anything for you today? If not, just feed some baby food until his appetite starts to improve again.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

He hasn't eaten. I talked to the vet and she said to give him the herbal supplement once every other day to get him to start. I guess it gives them a feeling of fullness thus, affecting his appetite. He opens his eyes at random, today he did it to my call along with cocking his head with that adorable dragon attitude. It's baby steps but to me still an improvement. My vet had never heard of P.K. Conjunct because she's always used Repsun10 and never had a problem lol. Bad luck for me. She's promised to study into it so she can help more. I expect when he starts eating on his own again he'll start doing better. He's moving much more then yesterday. I think I'll give him another bath tomorrow.

My vet uses BD . org for her charts. Any links to where she can learn about P.K. Conjunctivitis would be greatly appreciated!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today?
Here is a site you can look at for the PKC.
http://www.uvguide.co.uk/phototherapyphosphor.htm

Well, if he is opening his eyes any that is improvement for him! I hope he is becoming more active!
Bless him, hopefully he will pull through all of this will no ill effects after he is all healed up!

Keep us posted on him.
Tracie

Msbeth1990

Original Poster
Drache613":2mqmt4vr said:
Hello,

How is he doing today?
Here is a site you can look at for the PKC.
http://www.uvguide.co.uk/phototherapyphosphor.htm

Well, if he is opening his eyes any that is improvement for him! I hope he is becoming more active!
Bless him, hopefully he will pull through all of this will no ill effects after he is all healed up!

Keep us posted on him.
Tracie

WHAT IS HE DOING TO ME!? He just ate a piece of paper towel size of his head. Do I take all the substrate out??? Will it pass or impact? He swallowed it and you can't induce vomiting on dragons. I gave him some water. He's driving me insane. I fix one problem and he creates another one! :shock: Please help! I called the vet and they're to busy right now to talk to me.

Msbeth1990

Original Poster
Esther19":sr1ermgx said:
Msbeth, if I'm interpreting your last post correctly, your little one has crossed over. If so, I am so very sorry to hear the news.
Esther

Appreciated but no. He's simply, once again, stopped improving. And I can't do anything for him.

Msbeth1990

Original Poster
Esther19":3j4mdo4g said:
Oh my gosh. I just love when I'm wrong! I can sympathize with your position. I've got a sick little girl, too, who is not improving, and by looking at her today may be getting worse. I guess sometimes we have to accept that our best has to be enough, even though we so wish we could do more.
Esther

Maybe. :cry: I'll continue to stubbornly think that it's not over until it's over, however. Good luck with your little one.

Hi,
Im sorry to heard that your dragon isnt doing well :( i know the feelin. my lil baby was sluggish and not eating at all. and i did some reading ofcourse and people said that the zilla brand uvb bulb was sometimes ineffective or even caused illness. so i returned that bulb and got the reptisun 10.0... i immediatly witnessed improvement. she has now been eating much more and very active. her colors have reappeared and eyes or open all day. so if any of that was helpfull. i hope the reptisun bulb will turn your beardie back around in the right direction. goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom