I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
I have been through the eye problems that can be caused by lighting like this.
I know you have switched the UV light off and switched to a bright white basking bulb.
Now, I would continue bathing him - it is important to keep him hydrated. You can then use a q-tip to gently moisten the area around his eyes. Then, just let the saline solution run over his eye lids. I would do this twice per day. It could be a few weeks before you really see anything so you need to just keep up with all of the treatments, even if you dont think they are working.
Make sure you feed him daily. Babyfood chicken mixed with squash and then watered down a little so you can offer it through a syringe. Just offer a drop at a time, if he wont lick it off his nose, then you are going to have to attempt to force it to an extent.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please keep us posted on your baby.
As Christina said, diligence is the key. Keep trying with feeding him, so he can get some nutrition into him to help him get better.
Are you keeping the tank around 80 overnight? That can help boost his immune system.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Yes, please, let us know how he is doing. Let us know how you are doing, too. I know how stressful this is for you. You are trying so hard! Hang in there!
Esther

Msbeth1990

Original Poster
Yes. His temps are always ideal to keep him comfortable.

I grow more frustrated the more he declines Esther. Since that's all he's doing, I'm a fairly pissed off person.

The concern is still appreciated.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
After reviewing this thread, the only suggestion I can offer is to take him outside in the sunshine. I don't know why this comes to mind, or what it could do for him. Is it warm enough where you are? Will there be sun today?
If he were mine, I would just go out and hold him on my chest and let him soak up the rays for a half-hour or so. I'd rub his back and head, and just see if that did anything.

Please know that we empathize with your frustration and anger at the situation in which you currently find yourself. I'm sending prayers and positive energy to you both. Where there is life, there is hope.

Esther

Msbeth1990

Original Poster
Esther19":e47rq4rh said:
After reviewing this thread, the only suggestion I can offer is to take him outside in the sunshine. I don't know why this comes to mind, or what it could do for him. Is it warm enough where you are? Will there be sun today?
If he were mine, I would just go out and hold him on my chest and let him soak up the rays for a half-hour or so. I'd rub his back and head, and just see if that did anything.

Please know that we empathize with your frustration and anger at the situation in which you currently find yourself. I'm sending prayers and positive energy to you both. Where there is life, there is hope.

Esther

50F outside. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom