I canrt take it anymore :( R.I.P Sweet Angel Billy <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I feel slightly better this morning,
Im happy i can see he`s little gravestone from my window..
Its very strange how attached you get to things, i have fish for about 4 months and i wasn't overly upset
But billy who ive only had for about 2-3 months i feel like someone like my brother died...
I told people in my family he died, but they just kinda went `oh, sorry` But my family cried there eyes out..
Just because they understand how i feel about dragons...

Coming back everyday to lovely comments is very nice of you all... xx

grendel9

Juvie Member
Are you familiar with the story of the Rainbow Bridge? I don't know if anyone has already mentioned it (I'm a medicated insomniac at the moment, so please forgive me if this is a duplicate). :oops:
The Rainbow Bridge is a story about the little ones that we lose, and how we are reunited with them someday. It's a beautiful tale, and always makes me feel a little better. There are several different versions. I like this one:

The Rainbow Bridge
inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.
For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.
They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.
The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

© 1998 Steve and Diane Bodofsky. All Rights Reserved.

You can sort of take it for what it's worth, as far as your own believe system goes, but it always makes me cry.
Take care, and we're all here for you.
Peace.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Aww thats a lovely poem, ive never seen it before...
It make me smile :) x

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Olivia! Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. It is always hard to lose something you love and can be equally as hard when others don't understand. Those who do not have beardies don't understand how wonderful they are and how easily attached we become to them. I am happy to hear though that your family felt your pain and cried along with you. Sounds like you have a wonderful and caring family.
Sending lots of ((hugs)) your way!

EDIT: I just now noticed your new avatar. It is very sweet and a beautiful pic of your beloved Billy. :D

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thank you
A member made it for me, Brain, After seeing my thread, The full picture is on his r.i.p Thread..
I thought it was lovely and cheered me up an awful lot..

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
(I finally found this thread; been wondering why you nor Holly hadn't posted anything)

Olivia and Holly, no words could ever express how sad I am for you both. Billy was very lucky beardie to have two mommys who loved him very much. I'm sure that if he could, he would've wanted to live forever.

Sympathy%20for%20pet.jpg

sympathy080.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Olivia (and Holly), no words could ever express how sad I am for you. Billy was very lucky beardie to have two mommys who loved him very much. I'm sure that if he could, he would've wanted to live forever.

Sympathy%20for%20pet.jpg

sympathy080.jpg

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thank you Gina
The pictures are lovely!
Me and Holly are both extremely sad about what happened :(
When i want to get another rescue, holly said she would help me :)
She truly is a great person..

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
I lost my Bowser after having him only a month. We had to put him down due to parasites. I cried like crazy, and we keep calling our new boy "Bowser" by mistake. :( You did everything you could for Billy. I hope the pain lessens soon.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I just wanted to post here aswell.

Those who know Billys story will know I rescued him from a pet-chain store and was his slave for over a year.
He was a mischievous naughty little boy who LOVED bearding at his brother Ruben, playing WHOS-THE-MAN-OF-THE-HOUSE with him for hours and showing off to his sister Miso.
He was so active he was more like a little dinosaur when he ran around the living room. He loved attention and sulked when I started having to leave him during the day.

Billy became bigger and stronger every day and due to starting work as lawyer and caring for my father I knew I didnt have the time to devote to my little monster. It took a long time, but I decided that I rescued Billy to give him a wonderful life, and that maybe someone else could give him a better life now.
I said to myself I would never sell him, and Id never give him to anyone unless the right person came along.

Then Olivia came along, and I knew she was supposted to have Billy.

She spoilt him rotten with love and devotion and took me on aswell(!!!) frequently sending me pictures and updates about our boy.
It hurts me desperately that I wasnt there to say goodbye to him, but I wouldnt change things given the chance.
As Gina says, he was a very lucky boy who had two mammas who loved him so dearly.

He's with Ruben now. Still competing to see who's the man of my house.
I miss you both so badly.

So thank you to everyone who has said such lovely things about our boy, and know that I am truely, deeply, grateful for Olivia.
Some day another little rescue will find their way to her. Hopefully I can help.

Hopefully no one will mind me sharing a few of my favourite pictures of Billy

fresh from the pet-store where we found him desperately eating woodchippings
DSC_0214.jpg

graduation photos with the whole family
DSC_0242.jpg

he loved trips to the pub in the sunshine (gin for me, juice for billy!)
DSC_0398.jpg

king of the castle <3
DSC01082.jpg

once again thank you all, and thank you Olivia

Holly x

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I do remember when you all got him, and will never forget about the name Billy b/c of the black beard being like Billy Mays. Whenever I still see Billy Mays on tv, I always think of Billy
Holly and Olivia, you were both wonderful to Billy.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Holly :)
I dident realise how small he was when you first got him! he was so BIIG when i first saw him!
THought i would share some more photos :)
DSC03754.jpg

Sleepingg <3
DSC03618.jpg

DSC03518.jpg

DSC03201.jpg

DSC03200.jpg

Photo0026.jpg

I remember the first day we got him, He pooped on me while we were driving home..
All he wanted to do was look out of the window the whole way home...
He was as good as gold!
I will see my big man In the future, and i look forward to seeing him again :)

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom