I am fostering a bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cldelsuc2011

Photo Comp Winner
I have been fostering a bearded dragon for about a month. I have been feeding him critical care and a probiotic. I have not been able to get him to eat any live food. Can someone help me with how to introduce them to him. He has had small crickets and a few mealworms in his habitat at all times. If a cricket crawls on him he will flick it off and run away. Started in the end of June at 7 grams. I have him up to 20 grams but it is from critical care . Anyone have ideas to get him eating live food.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First he MUST have proper lighting and correct basking temps - this is what controls the behavior of the dragon ---- temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate temp is for a adult / juvie dragon - babies need temps 105-110-- next good UVB NO coils - a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med Sunblaster Nano or a Arcadia Pro T 5 --- w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb -- the dragon could of had a bad experience w/ the crickets they will bite and if he flicked and ran then hes probably been bit --- please get your basking temps and UVB in order first I would get a 24" fixture for a 40+ gallon tank ---- and this should be done ASAP---- next he needs fresh salads every morning http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
they work really good for the small insects like dubias and BSFL --
Please NO more meal worms they are good for causing impaction and NO more crickets left in the tank - please get some dubia roaches from here www.dubiaroaches.com order the size NO bigger than the space between his eyes length wise look at the chart on the website -- dust those 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 lightly coated ONCE per feeding and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated

Cldelsuc2011

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Thank you for the information. I will make sure he has the correct lighting and heating. I am using a red light at night also. He always has fresh veggies every day. He does not seem to eat any of it though. I will try the different live insects and see if that helps.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please shut the red bulb off it disrupts their sleep and causes eye damage- dragons like it cool and dark- 65-75 at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom